Thread: Not able to remove AVG firewall

Not able to remove AVG firewall

I am using windows XP operating system on my computer. In order to protect computer from virus I have installed AVG antivirus on my computer. Then I got AVG antivirus as well as AVG firewall on my computer. Then after some research and advice from friends I thought using some other antivirus, and then I choose Microsoft security essentials and installed the same on my computer. Then I removed AVG antivirus but I was not able to remove firewall from my computer. So please help me soon.

Re: Not able to remove AVG firewall

What I think is that you are not able to remove the AVG firewall from your computer because the firewall might be running on your computer. If AVG firewall is running on your computer and if you try to remove or uninstall it then probably you would get the error while uninstalling. So in order to remove it from your computer then you must disable the firewall service first and then try to remove it from your computer.

The basic thing not to remember here is that you should do all the steps in proper manner. You first installed AVG antivirus and after that as your mood switched so you had choose to install Microsoft security essential. It doesn’t matter even if you change the antivirus but you have to uninstall the entire previous antivirus from your computer. So check that you uninstall all existing antivirus from your computer and then install the new one.

Yes you have to check that you first remove the previous antivirus from your computer. When you have installed AVG antivirus then at that time this firewall also got installed on your computer. As you have to remove this firewall you have to remove whole AVG antivirus from your computer. I guess you have tried uninstalling the AVG antivirus so that mean that firewall with it should be automatically removed. But if not then you have to try to uninstall again from add/remove programs.

If the normal windows Add/remove program doesn’t give you the option of removing the AVG antivirus from your computer, then you can install some advance uninstaller on your computer. As this default add/remove program cannot remove some of the programs, so therefore this uninstallers are made which would help you to remove those particular programs from your computer. So just search for some better programs and download it on your computer.

I guess that the uninstall process that you have tried for removing AVG antivirus have been is not successfully completed. That process might have interrupted in between and thus it left some files on your computer. Now in this case this firewall cannot be removed without complete AVG setup. So for that you have to reinstall the AVG setup so that all the files get loaded again and then you need to let the uninstall process to finish successfully in order to remove the firewall also.