Thread: How to recognize fake IP or MAC address

How to recognize fake IP or MAC address

Hey I have a concern regarding my security, I had question in my mind that I have been chewing in my since a long period. But at last I found site that I think has a good forums site. For posting my question , I hope to get some good reply for my question .I had a doubt regarding how can I identify fake packets and real packets delivered to my address. I am talking about the concept that is used by hacked to get an access on your computer through various tips and tricks.

Re: How to recognize fake IP or MAC address

It is extremely hard to identify hacking for any networking because it occurs as a levitate program, even for very knowledgeable users. Knowledgeable hackers go to significant duration to make sure they are not identified. So I suggest you to use high-quality security practices. MAC addresses or machine address does not travel on the Internet. In the majority cases the solitary address that you would see would be MAC address of your computer that too from your own computer.

There are many tools accessible on the internet such as CCGMA which allows finding MAC address or machine address and computer name via IP address or the network address. You can make use of it to discover Machine address for a particular machine, this works even when you computer is out of the system .this tools is used by network administrators to find out who are the users that are trying to gain access of your network illegally.

There is another tool that may help you guys, namely the Microsoft NetBIOS technology. If you need to find any machine on the network you just need to know either the machine address or the network address of the same so here goes this, it is very simple to use and is currently been used by many network engenderers. But this software comes with a cost, and is not available for a free use. So I guess you have enough choices know.