Thread: How to retrieve Home Management Password

How to retrieve Home Management Password

I am using Bitdefender total security 2011 protection software for my computer running window XP operating system. I have set up a home network which consists of three computers. When I installed this software then I got the problem accessing the network. I am not able to access the computers over network as it keeps saying that this computer is accessed remotely, and also I don’t have password so how do I retrieve the password to access the network.

Re: How to retrieve Home Management Password

It seems that you have forgotten the password which you have configured in Bitdefender. This is a security issue that you have got and as password is a gateway to anything. Thus passwords are stored in such a way that you cannot get the stored password if you manage to find the same. You should try recollecting the passwords that you usually keep and try inserting here. Might be you get the right password and you can manage your home network

When you have installed the Bitdefender on your computer then it creates a directory where it stores and manages all its related files. Usually when passwords are created then they are stored in a file which is highly encrypted, but you can give a try and find that file by going through the installation directory and look at each file and try to open that file. I think it is impossible to get back the password which you have forgotten for your home network.

The thing which you can do is to remove that password, but that password would not get cleared that easily. By just removing the password files won’t remove the password. I think you should go to registry editor and then go to Bitdefender registry settings and there delete any entry which is related to home management network, or any password file. Be careful in such things as it may corrupt your system settings and may be you would not be able to get into windows again.

According to me you should avoid doing such things of modifying or deleting any file of Bitdefender, as it would seriously harm your computer. There is no way where you can get the password which you have forgotten. You should uninstall this Bitdefender software from your computer. If you do this then it will remove the applied password for your home management network. After this again install this Bitdefender software and access the network again.

If you have forgotten the password then in order to retrieve it, then you need to reset the applied settings. As told in above post that you would never be able to retrieve the forgotten password, but you can reset the password to null. You have to go to Bitdefender settings and then reset these settings. Note that doing this would pull out all the applied settings and you need to configure it again, although it is cumbersome process but only this would help in your case.

In addition to resetting the password on the best approach is to use tools which claim to get back the forgotten password probably we say it recovering the password. Search for some good third-party password recovery tool to get your forgotten password. Such tools will look for the entire password file in the system and displays them one by one. Usually, the file that stores the password in encrypted form. Some software will be able to decipher, but others do not. You should know about it.