Thread: Vsserv.exe consumes more RAM memory in vista

Vsserv.exe consumes more RAM memory in vista

I am having Dell Inspiron I6400 laptop having windows vista operating system. I have recently installed Bitdefender total security 2011 on my computer. I just wanted to know that why my laptop was slowing down after some hours, then I just found that vsserv.exe in task manager and it was consuming more of my RAM memory. So does anyone what exactly this process is and how to get rid of this problem as this process is consuming more memory and I guess it doesn’t consume much memory than it consumes now.

Re: Vsserv.exe consumes more RAM memory in vista

The process you mentioned i.e. vsserv.exe is a process created or it is running when you have installed Bitdefender internet security software on your computer. This is needed process if you want to guard your computer against some threats, most probably internet based threats. This process is a core part of Bitdefender as it detects most of the malicious programs that get inside your computer when your browse over internet.

The task manager lists this process when Bitdefender security software is running. You would find this executable files under the Bitdefender installation directory, usually it is in C:/Program Files/Softwin/BitDefender10/or C:/Program Files/BullGuard/ if you are using latest version. In order to find that how much size it consumes. If it is installed in windows XP then it uses 335872 bytes and windows vista needs between 73728 bytes to 446464 bytes. So just check that the process is having the same range even on your computer

Well if you confirmed that this process is consuming more RAM memory then to solve the problem you need to update your Bitdefender security software. So just check by reinstalling the Bitdefender or else just download a new version of it. You can update this, by right clicking in the Bitdefender icon from system tray and then you have to select update now option and then Bitdefender update process would automatically start and restart the computer after update completes.

As far as I know this is needful process which you should not end up if you want your Bitdefender security to run efficiently. Obviously you would be getting annoyed about this as it goes on consuming more memory and thus causing system slow down. In order to confirm about this you should use some other third party tool and see that how much memory does these software’s shows for that particular process. For e.g. Process explorer or resource monitor would be best utility for this.

If you are facing a system slow down on your laptop then you have to definitely look for this problem. You would be definitely having proper system requirements. So in order to get rid of system slow down then you should disable some of the features which are by default set ON for this Bitdefender. I have also observed that vista operating system usually consumes lot of memory and then you probably get annoyed with it, but nothing could be done of it, unless upgrade.

You can try to resolve the problem by uninstalling this internet security software and then have the updated version of it or just try to go for some other security software’s. I would recommend you that you don’t try to remove or end this process as it are mandatory software’s. It is also not a spyware, or some kind of unauthorized process. It is also not a virus, but it is needed in order to detect those harmful programs which try to enter your computer.