Thread: BitDefender Agent Critical Error on Win7 32bit

BitDefender Agent Critical Error on Win7 32bit

I have installed Bit Defender Total Security 2011 before that I was using Bit Defender Total Security it is a very nice antivirus. I am using this in my DELL laptop and it was working fine after updating it to 2011 when I restart the laptop from that time it is saying me that BitDefender Agent has encountered a critical error. I was not getting this problem in older version. Please tell me what I should do to fix this issue. if anyone have any solution then please reply me.

Re: BitDefender Agent Critical Error on Win7 32bit

I think you are facing this problem because of the old version of the BitDefender s may be crashed with your newer version. Some time if we update the antivirus with the installer file at that time it may creates the problem with older version. I think you have to first check that your older version is completely removed from your system. If it is not removed properly then you have to remove it completely and then you will not get any issue. I hope this solution will work for you.

I have gone through your post and I think you have to try this trick to solve this problem first you have to uninstall the BitDefender from your laptop completely and after that restart the laptop. now after restarting the laptop you have to install the bit defender again. While installing the BitDefender make sure that it is not giving any error. If it is giving any error then let me know so I can give you solution according to that and if installation didn’t give any error then I think you will not get any issues.

If you are not able to solve the problem by reinstalling the BitDefender then I think first you have to go to the control panel and then go to the uninstall programs. Now click on the BitDefender and after that check whether you get the repair option or not? if you get the repair option then repair the BitDefender and after that you BitDefender agent will not give you any issues. I hope this trick will fix your issue and your problem will get solved.

First of all you have to check that whether automatic updates of your BitDefender is turned on or not? if ot is not turned on then turn on it and after that update your antivirus. If you are not able to update the antivirus then I you have to the BitDefender update manually by downloading the virus definition updates from BitDefender official site. Now after updating your BitDefender you will not get any error message in your BitDefender. If you want to know anything more then let me know.

I have tried repair my BitDefender from the control panel but I didn’t get the repair option there it is only giving me uninstall option. After that I completely uninstalled the BitDefender and after that when reinstall the BitDefender after that it started giving me same problem again and again. I have tried to update the BitDefender and automatic updates have successfully updated the BitDefender but after that also that error message remains as it is. Now please help me what should I do to fix this?

@ Gunpowder
    Sorry for jumping in your thread
    Will you please check you PM you can contact me on manishchandra@hotmail.com

After trying all the above solution if same problem is coming then I think first you have to uninstall the Bitdefender from your system and after that you have to download the Ccleaner in your system and then install it in your system and after that clean your whole system. Now after doing that you have to restart the system and then install the Bitdefender in your system. If that idea gives the same problem then I think you should try other antivirus in your system.