Thread: False alert by Bitdefender

False alert by Bitdefender

Hello to all! I am here with one amazing problem and would like to get your reviews apone it so that can get it solved and it stops irritating me. I have installed the Bitdefender antivirus and since then I am receiving the popup once my computer gets booted up. I have deleted it each and every time but each time it shows me the same thing and I am too much irritating. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? As I am totally stuck. Every time it shows virus blocked! And its name is Virus name: Gen:Variant.Kazy.23830

re: False alert by Bitdefender

I hate Bitdefender as I find it very irritating. I installed it to my computer and within a week I uninstalled it and installed the other antivirus. I was under the same problem of getting the pop ups each and every time. I scanned my computer but no viruses were found but still it showed the popup. Then I uninstalled it and installed Avira free version and scanned with it but still no virus was found. So I guess there is a loop in the Bitdefender itself.

I suppose that Bitdefender is not at all irritating and is one of the most power full antiviruses I have seen till date. It catches each and every virus and helps to keep your computer clean forever without any issues. And the solution to your problem is I don’t know, but I can tell you the reason for the cause. The file which is showing o pop up must be the part of the software product and that particular file must be protected by their USB-dongle security.

I would say that Bitdefender is just too much sensitive and it notifies you as soon as it thinks that some things can harm your computer and nothing else. That is why most of the people choose to use the Bitdefender because it notifies immediately. And the other fact the pop ups may be coming may be because of the firewall. Your firewall may not be configured properly and that it why it may not be stopping the attacks properly.

Re: False alert by Bitdefender

Pop ups are irritating but they are really nice because they notify us about the virus. As you are telling that when you scan your computer you don’t find the virus but pop ups are shown. This are because in reality no virus would be present on your computer. But some specific files have code matching to that of the virus defined code. So the pop ups may come. But there is no need to panic. You can stop the pop ups no big deal.

jonpeter001 Guest

Re: False alert by Bitdefender

Avira mistakenly reported that the BitDefender 2011 product, that hasn't been publicly released yet, was a Trojan. We spotted this on August 10th and provided an automatic fix in the same day.” said Sorin Mustaca, manager of international software development at Avira.

Avira later explained, via a revised statement, that BitDefender's beta had "suspicious properties" that set off warning bells.

Some components in the installer were modified so that the digital certificates became invalid. That's why it became suspicious. Installers "drop" components and start them; additionally the other suspicious properties were found so that a detection got triggered.