Thread: How to manage multiple server domains?

How to manage multiple server domains?

Hello friend I have a question about how to use 2 servers with only 1 domain OR other wise how to manage multiple server domains. So this Is what I want to know, so I want on server#1 it should be my main site but let’s say I want my payment system and forum on server#2 but I want everything with the same domain which I have. I’m not sure how to entirely set this up, I have my own name servers created and I see I am able to put more than 1 internet protocol per host, is it as easy as just adding server#2 ip’s in the hosts and run a cPanel on server 2 with my domain and just make the directory I want and it will work? But I am not able to do this please anybody can suggest me.

Re: How to manage multiple server domains?

Looking at the questions which you have mentioned I would like to recommend you that if it is based on apache, I think that you should be able to do cross server rewrite rules. I think that the other idea would be if I again rewrite rules than to have a subdomain located on the other server, and I would recommend you that you should use the rewrite to write it on the subdomain as a subdirectory. I hope that this suggestion will help you.

That sounds amazing that you have to manage multiple server domains while to do this I would suggest you that this shouldn't be an issue. The other sites are just fully qualified domain on the appropriate server e.g. name.domain.com, then set up a Record in the DNS settings for the original domain to point to the other site. We run many things like that - ftp.domain.com, mail.domain.com, mysql.domain.com, SOL domain, domain, stats domain, traffic domain, newsite domain, forum domain - with every one of these sites operating on different servers. Not sure how you do it in Apache, but it's a breeze in Windows, so it shouldn't be a problem.

From the discussion going on I would like to recommend you that you should Edit/Update/Question. Ok I would like to suggest you that it is really easy, the site you want on server#2 has a dedicated internet protocol for example 11.22.33.44. All you did was on server #1 in the account with the domain you want to work on both servers you have to added a DNS zone client.mydomain.com and pointed it to 11.22.33.44 and now when you go to it, it sends to the site hosted on server #2 with the dedicated internet protocol. You didn't have to do anything on server #2 or at the domain registration.

Sometimes, the simplest way to look at it is that everything is a sub-domain of the main domain - even "www". Etc are all subdomains of the primary. The main domain controls are the DNS for all the subdomains you create. You only need to add an A record at the main domain, with the correct Internet Protocol for the subdomain if it exists on a different Internet Protocol address (or server), for it to work. The other thing isn that on the different server you need you are creating the subdomain, use the fully qualified domain name. Using just "subdomain" or only "domain.com" will lead to problems and it won't work.

It's not really the same as apache, which will parse the request string and offer up content based on the URL request (virtual hosting) - with tomcat; you get the same content, regardless of what you enter into the URL. But we do support multiple domains on one box - you can't for instance, skin them differently, though. (Currently - this is an open enhancement request). I hope you like my suggestion. I hope that you like my suggestion and hope this will help you in solving the problem.

I would like to recommend you that you should go on the internet and search on the Google site you will get some of the information regarding this topic or you will get the videos regarding this topic because when I saw the topic I myself saw the video and in that video it was suggested nicely. I hope that the suggestion given by me will help you in solving the problem