Thread: When should we upgrade the server?

When should we upgrade the server?

I have some serious problem occurring in my mind is that when should we upgrade the server? Is there any way or any fixed time only at that time you have to upgrade the server? I have a website which is currently running on the shared hosting and it is very cheap. That is why the traffic is increasing on my website. I want to know that at what time and when to upgrade the server. I am thinking that should I first upgrade it to a virtual private server and then to a dedicated server or should I directly jump to a dedicated server

Re: When should we upgrade the server?

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I think that it is not possible to calculate a number of pageviews a server can handle. It is difficult to track the amount of resources a single website is using on a shared server as 99% of the hosts do not set any limit on users for resource usage. Shared servers are capable of handling quite a good amount of traffic because shared servers are mostly of high configurations, it is always good to upgrade to a dedicated server instead of a VPS (Virtual Private Server). VPS are of low configuration than Shared servers and they also share a server with other VPS's. One VPS causing issues, impact the performance of other VPS's, so it is feasible to upgrade to a dedicated server.

How much a shared account can handle it all depends on your host server configuration. your account can handle less if they use low configuration server than off-course, if they use high configuration server and host limited amount of sites, than your account can handle more too, so it all depends on configuration and how many clients on server.i hope that this suggestion will help you in solving the problem

If you have a website, a portfolio, a blog, a business, Facebook application, or some kind of community forum, there are chances of having the Web Servers. But I think so that when you want that custom experience while you could used shared services like Blogger.com, Tumbler, Geo Cities (remember Geo Cities) or WordPress.com, , that unique vibe, you got to use your own server. Recently at electrokami.com, has upgraded their server to a dedicated virtual server from Media Temple, something like a virtual private server (VPS). Needless to say, the jump in performance was massive!

This are some reasons when we have to upgrade the server you were asking that at what time should we upgrade the server. The following are the reasons to upgrade the server:
    1. It loads slowly.
    • Is it slow because the hosting company is slow?
    • Is it slow because you have multiple sites on the same server?
    • Is there a blog on your server?
    • Is the programming on the website optimized?
    2. I think so that you have run out of the server space it can be hard drive space or the server space.
    3. One or more of your sites hit the bandwidth limit.
    4. You’re on a shared server with too much downtime.

I would like to recommend you that let the internet troll nitpick you to death. At the end of the day he wasted his time and you didn’t. Good article, I was wondering about this myself.... not seriously considering an upgrade yet, but it is nice to know the DC's don’t need to be upgraded for all the R2 features. Branch Cache and Direct Access sound really useful. Our SSL (Single stuck line) VPN (Virtual Private network) is great, but if we could remove a visible layer of complexity from the remote users day-to-day tasks and automates it at the OS-level then that’s awesome.