Thread: How to remove Rpcqt.dll malware

How to remove Rpcqt.dll malware

I am using the windows 7. My system was really working fine. But suddenly receive a error message on my screen. the message was associated with some missing dll file. I checked in event viewer where I found the full error log. The problem is with Rpcqt.dll file missing. I am not sure about this file. I had removed some free game recently. When I was trying to install them my antivirus warned about suspicious file. I had checked on web about Rpcqt.dll which shows that this is a malware. How to get rid of this.

Boot your system in safe mode. Download a trial edition of Norton Internet security in your pc. Scan your pc with that. Let the pc run full scan. Do not run anything in the backside. You can try to do this multiple time. I do this always when I have some serious virus issue. I am using a free antivirus. I remove that and install a good one. Most of them are giving a 30 day free trial. Scanning it will clear the files. Later on you can put your old antivirus back.

Re: How to remove Rpcqt.dll malware

I got this error before. This always appear on the startup. The problem can be resolved by removing the registry entry of this malware. For click on Start > Run and in that type regedit. In that go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Run/RunOnce. Look for Video Library here. And delete it. Then restart your pc and check back. I think this will stop the error.

I am using Microsoft Security Essential here and this really helps. I am not sure about the exact malware file, but I was also facing the same issue. My old antivirus did not helped me much. But later on I installed MSE in my system and it was able to detect it. I am using this from long time. I thing in terms of free antivirus MSE is far more better compared to any other antivirus.