Thread: how to install Filestore 5.5 SP1 in IBM 3650

how to install Filestore 5.5 SP1 in IBM 3650

Hi, I have a personal computer. I want to install Filestore 5.5 SP1 in IBM 3650. But I have a problem when I try to install then installation never complete it past 75% in installation point second. I restarted the PC Server and it really came up, but it didn't appear finished. I logged through the command line console locally and right to utilize the network mode to show some information and I got an error stating it could not get my console connection, which clarify why the second cluster node I attempted to construct aborted from the get go. It could not get the boot file for PXE boot.

Re: how to install Filestore 5.5 SP1 in IBM 3650

Actually this is almost certainly related to lost network drivers. Then after you will verify if network interfaces are up (ipconfig). You may want to make contact with Symantec for a driver update disk. For this server; you can also attempt to stop the USB nic’s. So from my point of view you should check all the instruction when you are installing the filestore. What type of error you are getting. Get the error then post here.

I want to tell you about me that I have also faced same problem. If my installations stop working, what is the root password, that I could verify the logs? 5.5 SP1 i.e. it is one way or another successful, but I want set of connections for troubleshooting. Then observed my console virtual IP address did not illustrate but the interface fond a physical IP address, which is pingable. That does why I want check the root path password and you should check the logs.

Do you know something about it? Once the system boots offer it a few minutes to initiate all the background processes. If you attempt log in on the console, and then you will find a message when will be mentioned the master account does not exist. So this is the probably issue. But I think this problem arises due to some system policies. I want to suggest when you are installing the filestore in your IBM 3650. And also maybe it will be raised operating. So when you install the filestore. Then you should check properly evrything

Hi, I read your problem. Then I observed that my friends also had suffered with this problem. I have been testing Filestore as my company has some possible customers for it. I found the eval site from our Symantec associate reseller. The installation was very well (Single Node for appetizer), so you can see below.
    1. Can I log in via tty console? I would like to test the logs then you observed that why the console did not initiate
    2. Should the console virtual IP address initiate on public interface 0? I can Ssh network protocol to virtual interface 0 physical IP address but do not identify the login.
    3. Master: master is for the console, but one way or another it is not present.

Supermicro X7DBI+ 8GB ram
    Two onboard NIC + 2 NIC Intel 1000

I would like to tell you that it forever uncompress the downloaded file.tar files.gz to a provisional folder. You want to have an address list called 'patches' and a file README. In the address list patches, you must get "SFSFS-patch-5.5SP1RP2HF2_2010_11_15_rc4.tar.gz". What I am told you that till now. It is the file for update. Before installing you will update some require file. I think your patches are expired. So it is very necessary for this thing. After updating the patches you will install the filestore in IBM 3650.

I would like to tell you that how to install the filestore in IBM 3650. I know the some steps about the installation. You can see the steps .First of all you will install FileStore software on to the pre-configured nodes. Then after you will do physically at the new node, authority it up and push F12 to start a Network boot. Then you will see the FileStore software automatically installs on the new node. Then after you will do again this step on all of the pre-configured nodes, therefore you will see the FileStore software can load in similar. Then after monitor the position of the node installation as it improvement, after that you will entered the Cluster> illustrate command on the master node.