Thread: PECTAgent unable to connect to HTTPS

PECTAgent unable to connect to HTTPS

I'm running DS 7.1/CMS 7.1, it was working nice before two days, and right now I am having issues regarding the PECTAgent.exe, it won’t connect to NS via https. I am not getting what is actually happening, when I see the PECTAgent.ini file, it seem to be perfect, but still, now beyond that I am not getting what will be the problem, thus need suggestion, how can connect to NS again? Thanks in advanced.

Re: PECTAgent unable to connect to HTTPS

I think according to me you have by mistakenly enable the SSL in IIS, that you don’t suppose to do actually, I was having the same problem once, and I also had made the same mistake brother , thus see now you can simple disable it, but let me know that as you reach till the .INI files, have done some modification in that also, than I don’t think you would be able to connect it, rather you have to consult some engineers to fix this.

See I would suggest you to see the task manager, that you can open by running the RUN command, and in that type ‘taskmgr’ and as it opens see the process, in which you’ll find the name called "PectAgent.exe", if suppose you didn’t find any such name, then it is the problem in your DNS. Thus I would suggest you to change the name of your domain and then try to access it.

See, whenever we connect to any website through the https, a log is created in the IIS, thus I would recommend you that you should check those logs detail on the NS server, and then as you got the problem I would recommend you that you should contact to the symetec for these issues, because it seems too complicated, in fact I haven’t heard ever about this, so according to me it would be the better idea.

I don’t know what you have done yet, but I would suggest you that try to ping server first time with the name and if suppose it doesn’t show anything then try with name as well as with FQDN, and along with that make sure that the server is also able to ping the client. Because it happens that our machine able to send the request but because of the some server problem also it won’t be able to connect.