Thread: AVG Free 2011 is not able to run Scheduled Scan

AVG Free 2011 is not able to run Scheduled Scan

Please help me guys. I have recently started facing this very weird with my installed AVG 2011 which is installed in my laptop which is having Windows XP SP3 Operating System. I am also having Microsoft Firewall installed to get an extra protection from viruses. I have selected a schedule scan for my system in AVG but recently noticed that nothing seems to be happening when the actual time for the scan comes. What must be the reason behind this thing in my AVG? Any suggestions, then please feel free to reply.

Re: AVG Free 2011 is not able to run Scheduled Scan

I am not sure whether the following suggestion would actually work for you or not, but I have come across many post where people have suggested the following. What you need to do is just start AVG antivirus and disable the game mode. Once you are with this, re-schedule the AVG scan. Apply the settings and close your AVG program. It would be better if your Restart your system also. This will make sure that all the settings which have done gets completed. Check out if the issue is solved after doing this.

Make sure that you are setting a schedule scan by following the below steps exactly as they are mentioned, without skipping anything.
    • Right-click the AVG icon and select the “Open AVG User Interface" option
    • Or you can double click the AVG icon to bring up the AVG program controls.
    • Now go to the following path: "Tools" > "Advanced Settings" > "Schedules" > "Scheduled scan”
    • Set the Scan schedule as per your requirement.

I tried both the solutions mentioned above but both proved to be useless for me. I disable the Game mode and the reschedule the system scan by following the steps exactly as they were mentioned, but unfortunately that too did not made any difference to my problem. Still thank you for your time and effort. I am still hoping to get an exact solution to solve the issue. Please help me by posting your quality suggestions, as it will be appreciated like always. Thank you in advance.

I also faced this weird problem in my system. And the reason for this issue with mine was the compatibility issue between the AVG and other antivirus software which I had installed in my system. So my cousin suggested me to uninstall the other antivirus and then check out the difference. And luckily it solved my issue. So I would recommend you to perform the same. You have mentioned that you are also using Microsoft Firewall in your system. So I would suggest you to disable that or uninstall it and then check out whether the problem still exists or not.

You were not facing the issue before, but it started up all of a sudden. Something might happened which must be causing this issue. First make sure that you have schedule a scan in your AVG. Then scan your entire system and check if some infected file existed in your system or not. Virus can also cause this issue. Also make sure that you have kept your AVG updated. It must include updating both the virus definition as well as the program database.

I would recommend you to uninstall the AVG program from your system. Visit the official website of AVG and download the latest setup file of AVG in your system. Make sure that you are downloading the correct file, correct in the sense, the right bit file (32-bit/64-bit) according to your OS bit. Once you have downloaded the file, install it in your system and restart your computer whenever your system is asking for it.