Thread: Auto protect not working properly

Auto protect not working properly

I recently purchased a PC. I normally use my PC for internet surfing, downloading movies, chatting and especially for gaming. I have installed auto-protect antivirus program to protect my PC from virus. But I came across a strange issue while using this antivirus program. The antivirus program keeps displaying the message “Risk found!” continuously when the PC is on. This message only stops when the Symantec Auto-protect stops responding. Is anyone aware about such issue? If yes then please do the needful.

Re: Auto protect not working properly

The issue that you have posted is not complicated. But before I proceed further to solve the issue I would like to know the version of SEP that you are using. Before knowing this information I won’t be able to provide you the suggestions that you require to overcome the issue. Many people have discussed such issues with me before but it has been solved now. So try to provide me the information related to the issue as early as possible.

I am very grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome my issue. I will surely provide you the information that you need. The version of SEP that I am using is version 11.0.6005.562. I tried all the methods that I knew to overcome the issue but it was just waste of time. The information that you required is posted by me. Now please provide me the necessary recommendation so that I could get rid of such issues.I know that this issue is complicated but I think you can solve it.

The issue that you are facing is quite similar to other issues that I previously solved. I also encountered such issues in my system previously but it has been solved. I experienced issues on SEP re-detecting quarantined files as DWH*.tmp hence it was best to upgrade to at most build RU6 MP1 to avoid this problem from happening. To overcome the issue I would suggest you to delete all your quarantine content. After you delete all the quarantine content then your antivirus program won’t display the message that it was displaying before.

As suggested by you I deleted all the contents from quarantine but still the antivirus program was displaying the message continuously. I tried a lot to overcome the issue with the help of the methods that I knew but it was of no use. The issue remained the same as it was initially. Are you aware about some other solutions to surmount the issue? If yes then please inform me about it. This issue has annoyed me a lot. I want to solve this issue as fast as possible.

It is quite an interesting issue that you have posted. I will surely try to help you if possible. Very few people have encountered such issues before but it has been solved now. They faced the issue due to the version of SEP that they were using. To overcome the issue they upgraded the version. Up-gradation almost cleared all the errors in their system and their issue was solved. I think this solution will surely help you out, so try this and inform about the consequences.

Thanks a lot for all the responses and suggestions that you have given me to surmount the problem. Your suggestion helped me a lot to solve the issue. Previously I had discussed this issue with my colleagues but they could not help me to overcome the issue. You are the first person who supported and helped me. I up-graded the version of SEP as suggested by you and it was successful to overcome my issue. The antivirus program is not giving messages it used to display before.