Thread: How to create new group on PGP Universal Server 3.1.2

How to create new group on PGP Universal Server 3.1.2

I have purchased a PC last month. The operating system installed in my system is Windows 7. I have also installed the browser IE 6 in my system. This is my default browser of my system. Yesterday I came across a strange issue when I was creating a new group on PGP Universal Server 3.1.2. I was not able to create a group in that server. I encountered an error while doing so. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then please help me out.

Re: How to create new group on PGP Universal Server 3.1.2

The issue that you have posted is not complicated. Very few people have encountered such issues before but it has been solved now. There can be several reasons for such issues. I think this is the browser issue that is not permitting you to create a group on PGP Universal Server 3.1.2. To get rid from such issues I would recommend you to install another browser in your system and try to create a group using that server. If it is the browser issue then installing the new browser will solve the issue.

I am very grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome the issue. I installed Google chrome browser in my system and then tried to create a group in on PGP Universal Server 3.1.2 but the same error occurred again. I don’t think this is a browser issue because I am getting the same error even after installing the new browser. I tried many different browsers but it was of no use. Is there any other solution to overcome the issue? If yes then please let me know about it.

After I read your post I came to know about your issue. I haven’t encountered such issues or error before in my system. Are you having a new universal server or whether it is the upgraded one? I observed that the universal server seems to be strange when it is not having sufficient hard drive space. Normally two ways are available to verify the hard drive space. When you receive e-mail alerts the e-mail will let you know how much hard disk space is available. The alternative method is to SSh to the server. The following command will surely help you out:
    [root@pgptestserver ~]# df -kh
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda2 7.7G 3.8G 3.6G 52% /
    /dev/sda1 99M 17M 78M 18% /boot
    tmpfs 506M 8.0K 506M 1% /dev/shm

You have posted quite an interesting issue. I will surely try to help you out if possible. But before proceeding further I would like to know some more information from you related to the issue. I would like to know whether there are any errors in your PGP Administration logs. Normally in such situation support will advise you to switch on debug logging on the server. Execute the process once again and transmit them the logs

I will definitely share all the information with you related to this issue. Actually there are few errors related to java on the console. I have not verified the link about the logs. I will verify the link as suggested by you and execute the process once again so that I can transmit the logs. I am quite new to such server that is the reason I am finding the issue difficult to solve it. I will surely give you the update about any changes related to this issue.

To overcome the issue, reconstruct the misplaced omc directory on the server using the command line. To reconstruct the directory, you need to use the server using a safe SSH client. After using the server via SSH execute the following command:
    pgpsysconf --stop tomcat
    rm -rf /var/tomcat/webapps/omc
    rm -rf /var/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/omc
    pgpsysconf --start tomcat
    pgpsysconf --apache
    These instructions will compel the Tomcat servlet to unload a new print of the omc web application. It will consume less than thirty seconds for the Tomcat servlet to find out the misplaced omc directory and reconstruct it. Don’t set up root access to your PGP Universal Server(s). Try this out it will surely solve your issue