Thread: Need help to setup office server

Need help to setup office server

I am first time setting up my office server and need help for the same. I have around 10 systems in which I want to install as server. I want help to do basic settings like installing of additional component and other stuff. I want to share the internet connection also through the server. The setup looks a bit messy but this what my requirements are. I also want to create users accounts and distribute the same to others to share the connection.

Re: Need help to setup office server

On the machine that will act as proxy, you must first make sure the components have been installed to share the Internet connection. Open the Control Panel. To do that you will need to double-click on Add / Remove Programs from the control panel. Then select the Windows Setup tab and then wait while Windows searches for installed components. Double click on the Communications item. I will recommend you to install additional component from here. Check that Internet Connection Sharing box is ticked or not. You must then use the Internet Connection Sharing wizard to go for the further setup. You must select Home Networking Wizard from start menu to configure an basic server for your office work.

The server setup is not a tough job. When you use the windows setup disc you can simply follow the wizard to configure Internet Connection Sharing. Follow the instructions at each step, they are very simple. Be asked the type of connection you use to access the Internet, so specify your own, for example, modem. Will also be asked to enter a floppy disk to create a client configuration. This disk may be of use later when you have to configure each client to access the Internet through the proxy out.Press the OK button. Will begin the installation of that component. It is possible that during the process provide Windows installation CD.

The other important thing here is to configure active directory. It consist of different types of accounts and it is really not so touch to handle this out. Do not forget to get an remote access to each and every system so that you can control them when you are needed. At that time you do not need to configure all systems back again. The server setup for an beginner is quiet easy and there is not really any harder stuff to do.