Thread: False Alarm in Avira Antivirus

False Alarm in Avira Antivirus

Hello everyone I am using Avira premium edition antivirus and I am suing it in my windows 7 system. so some days ago when I was trying to download yahoo messenger 10 in my system then I did get a false alarm from there that this may be harmful to my system I also wanted to add a snap shot of the image, I will try and upload it later. Anyways coming back to the main topic I was a bit surprised as if why it is raising a false alarm on this? so any suggestions that you all would like to give it to me then please do let me know about it.

Re: False Alarm in Avira Antivirus

It seems to be pointing towards the false positive raised by the WebGuard webchat that comes with the Yahoo messenger for the video chat. So may be the avira antivirus has not detected it properly and hence that’s why it os giving the problem what I recommend is that you just ignore the alarm and continue with the installation see if you are able to do it or not. So hope you have got the necessary suggestion on the topic that I have given here.

This kind of stuff occurs when you have not updated your antivirus program so for that it is always advisable to update your antivirus program as soon as possible that is a good option for you to work on, so look out for that. One more thing because of the old database that you have got it might be considering the above program as some kind of malware or suspicious program, so that’s what I want to say here. So do look on this topic as well.

I would advice you to have a chat with the particular Avira people about the issue they will give some necessary suggestions on the topic that you have given here so make a note of that, see sometimes having a chat with the online support staff does gives a lot of information on what is going on with the program and what kind of things we have to adjust so that we can make the changes there. So that’s what I want to say here hope you have got the necessary information on the topic that I have given here.

Hey thanks for the support yes I did have a chat with the necessary avira people about the situation and they have asked me to update my antivirus program and I did the same thing and guess what it worked so thanks for letting me know about that as well, now it is not giving me any such kind of false alarms in my program so thanks for letting me know about that. appreciate your efforts for the same so thanks a ton for it. anyways thanks a lot for it.