Thread: Network card driver files not present in Gentoo

Network card driver files not present in Gentoo

Hello Friend, I am faced serious trouble in the network connectivity of the Gentoo Linux OS. I had installed all the necessary drivers on the Gentoo OS but now when I try to access the network then it shows the error message. It says "device not found". Then I checked the driver of the network and I really shocked. There is no driver present in that system. I need to solve the problem. Any type of help would be appreciated.

Re: Network card driver files not present in Gentoo

Are you seriously check that the network driver is present in the system or not. Sometimes user has not correctly check the driver of the network. Then you need to first check this driver is present or not. If it is not present then you need to just download the Ethernet express 10/100 driver and then compiled this driver into the kernel. This will helps to solve the network connectivity issue. Then there is possibility that the network of the system, works correctly.

Wguy2008l Guest

I suggest you to download the livecd-basic-1.4_rc1-r2.iso files. Then burn these files into the CD. After that you need to boot this CD successfully into the system. Then just install the 8139too module into the system. This will helps for the network connectivity purpose. This module was present in the Gentoo Linux boot disks. Then install this module and then see the result of the network system. It works brilliantly. This works and I try this to solve the network problem.

I use the generic Ethernet card and the model number of this card is 8139too. This will be supports to connectivity in the network. This card contains the realtec chipset driver. Last week, I lost this chipset driver and then it creates some issues in the network. Then I did the reinstallation process and it works to solve the trouble. I suggest you to use this solution and solve the trouble. This is the normal solutions and it can be easily done in the system.

Lemogl Guest

If you had still faced the same trouble in the network and the driver is not present in the system then you need to reconfigure the network. For doing this you need to first use DHCP server installation CD and then try to install the driver of this server. Then configure the network using any useful command. This will helps to solve this kind of driver missing troubles of the system. The ifconfig command helps to perform this kind of task.

You can use the Automatic Network Configuration method to solve this network problem in the Gentoo Linux OS. Then first use net-setup, pppoe-setup or pptp. This will be allowed by some installation media. Then use it and configure the network of the gentoo system. The Manual Network Configuration is also the other options to solve this network trouble. Then use these solutions and try to solve the trouble. This is the basic way to solve the trouble and newly established the network.