Thread: Not able to install AVG because of Avast

Not able to install AVG because of Avast

Hi friends, since long time I have two antivirus installed in my Dell laptop which are AVG and Avast of which I kept AVG as active and Avast as inactive I wasn’t having any problem with it the updates were also working properly there was no issue at all but for now I want to install AVG 2011 in my laptop for that I uninstalled my older version of AVG and when I am installing AVG 2011 in my laptop it is not able to install itself even when Avast is inactive, how is AVG detecting Avast even when it is inactive can anyone help me out in solving this problem?

Re: Not able to install AVG because of Avast

If you are having two antivirus in your laptop then it is ok but normally it is not a good practice at all if you are installing AVG then you have to uninstall Avast from your laptop. There might be a conflict with their active components more or less you will not be able to see the conflicts of the components but at the end you will make both the programs less effective this might lead to a stagnant slow down of your system or your operating system may become unstable

I have been using multiple ant viruses installed, but only one active at a time with no issue. Both the ant viruses found different problems . I once got a virus which AVG was not able to remove it and avast was able to remove it. It is seen that AVG itself is not designed to run an on-demand scanner i.e you will have to manually check for any updates available this might be an issue if a person fails to keep an up to date antivirus and other problems regarding to installation may also occur as of registry key and checking windows repository. Now it is up to you to either install AVG or Avast in your laptop

Hi ,I have understood your problem for this you will have to first uninstall Avast from your laptop, there might be a case that it is not able to uninstall Avast the standard way - using the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in control panel for doing it you will have to download aswclear.exe form here. there are some steps you have to follow 1.download aswclear on your laptop 2.start your laptop in safe mode 3.open the uninstall utility 4. Then click on remove 5.the final step is to restart your computer you will see that Avast is been uninstalled successfully