Thread: AVG Free 10.0.1375 Won't Update

AVG Free 10.0.1375 Won't Update

Hey hi, guys I want to know something about the antivirus software which I am using, I have AVG that I have download from the internet 4 days back, and was working perfectly, but as I seen its update on internet I just download it, but it won’t installed properly, as when I install it, it give me the message saying rebooting sis required to complete the setup, I done that in order to complete that but after that, when it just start, it continuously, prompt for the same, and it just made me frustrate, what shall I do now? I am using windows XP service pack 3 on mu PC. Thanks.

Re: AVG Free 10.0.1375 Won't Update

I would say why you started downloading its new version, as you were having the good working one, neither all software works the same nor compatible with each other, as the previous version what you’re using, I don’t know which one you’re having, but the latest one is for the version AVG 10.0.1375, If you have this software then only you can download the update of it. Thus I would suggest you to download the software AVG 10.0.1375 and then try to download its update.

From where did you download it? Because it is the most important thing that we have to keep in mind while downloading such a software, as almost too many sites provides such a update, but they all are not legitimate, I mean to say, not all are perfectly working, thus I would like to suggest you that you should download it from the AVG’s official site only, then try to install it perfectly.

This is the basic problems regarding the AVG, in fact when I was using it, I was also having the same problem, and because of that my machine gets always infected through the viruses, but still I would recommend you to download any good AV removing tool, and the first of all remove all the files of AVG then only it will stop rebooting your machine, and then install any good antivirus in your computer apart from the AVG.

I would like to recommend you that you should first remove the software that you have, in order to avoid the continues rebooting of your machine, then I would say, don’t have the software that you get it for free, instead buy an licensed copy of that version, whichever you can choose, almost the functionalities are almost same in all the AV software, but avoid downloading the free copy.

You should download it from the AVG’s official website only, but if you have downloaded from there only, then I would say, the feature might not be there in the free copy of the AV software, because I have the same, the only difference is like I have the original licensed version, and I am not having any such problem in updating, thus my recommendation is too buy the original copy first, and uninstall the previous one first, so at least you can stops rebooting.

I would suggest you to use the AVIRA on your PC, but before that I would like you tell you that first uninstall the previous software thus, whenever you install the fresh copy of another software, you won’t get any interference. Otherwise NOD32 is also good if you’re willing to buy that software, because it is the only thing that matters actually, that if you buy the software you’ll get all the functionalities that you would not get in the free version.