Thread: PCK/Obsidium virus found in Tera copy

PCK/Obsidium virus found in Tera copy

I have work on the windows XP and yesterday I try to copy the files from one location to the other locations then I saw the error message. This error message indicates that the PCK/Obsidium virus found in Tera copy software folder. I try to find any related files of the virus on the setup folder of the tera copy folder but I can’t found it. I need to remove this virus from the system and perform the copy paste operations. If anyone having knowledge about it then please share your own thoughts.

Re: PCK/Obsidium virus found in Tera copy

I suggest you to download the Avira antivirus from the official site and then try to install it onto the system. Then download and install the setup files on the system using the official Avira site. After that you need to scan the system completely. This virus is to be easily detected by the Avira and then it repaired that infected files from the system. Then there would be possibility that tera copy software works and you can easily do the copy paste operations.

PCK/Obsidium virus is actually type of the Packer and it affects the system setting in the lower level. The PCK/Obsidium virus is detecting common packers useful for malware and then it manipulates its original executable code. This has to be done for hiding the real functionality of the code. Then the software or the program has to be behaving differently. In this case, there is necessary to remove such kind of virus from the system and restore the code of the file of software. The Avira antivirus will do this task.

The PCK/Obsidium virus is try to detect the packer sometime this packer may be malicious if the program is used for long time in the system. The user has to be installed this program. The program is to be installed from the dependable source. Then the packer is to be malicious. In your case same things happen and the virus detects this tera copy software and then it manipulates its original code. Hence the copy paste operations don’t perform on the system. The reinstallation helps to solve this trouble.

You can use the default copy paste operations for avoiding such kind of unknown error messages. For dong this you need to first uninstall the tera copy software. You can be do this on the add/remove program of the control panel section. Then reboot the system. After doing this task you need to use the default copy paste operations. If you have decided to use the tera copy software for doing this copy paste operations, then reinstall this fresh copy of the software. It solves the trouble.