Thread: How to manage Host authentication on windows server

How to manage Host authentication on windows server

I'm organizing CCS v5.2 on top of Windows 2003 standard. Due to the configuration of our Windows environment I have customers in a secure domain that needs to connect to a Member State in a different domain, but not set any "trust" among the two, consequently you cannot utilize operating system authentication. I have read the "Central Command and the domains of network operating system" on page 46 of the v5.2 admin guide, however not being a Windows person it isn't that understandable to me. I wonder if I created a new service account with access to the domain of the Member States could then force the client to use that service account to authenticate to the Member States.

re: How to manage Host authentication on windows server

There is some confusion for me in the use of terms. The MH (Managed host) in the Central Command Storage (CCS) version 5.2 can be considered as a client in that it will talk to the management server (MS), a single server domain for control of HAL (HAL - Hardware Abstraction Layer). Let me construct a few assumptions and I can correct or add to the thread when needed. First is demanding to comprise a MH connected to a Member State as a client of reports from domains that is not visible to the Member States and therefore have no network path between nodes and therefore the process configuration register and not be completed with a MH installed but not connected.

Solution to this problem is to create a route among the domains that will enable bidirectional communication throughout port 1556 and run the scripts physically HAL configuration, or uninstall, to produce the link, and after that reinstall. The authentication process between the MS and the Member States included in the installation and verified before continuing the installation - if that is not available should be allowed to complete the installation unless you manually complete.

Your intention may be to monitor the devices MH / CH (Host Control) as a kind of matrix or circuit in which they are required to use recommendation to access the command line interface (CLI) or Application Programming Interface (API) utilize to access the device. We have in-band and concepts outside of the band, but both need a way to retrieve data from the device. If the manuals (unselect the checkbox after that select the application from the foremost page to obtain here) do not transmit the information in support of your device (ensure the Hardware and Software Compatibility list - HSCL).

I recommend you open a support case and comprise a Symantec representative within the performance list of the steps. in support of its part, would necessitate the similar access route is open above, the node chosen for administrative installation client authentication, access the Internet to download additional software if not available on the intranet of a earlier download and access on the way to the console MS. There will be a faith built, however during the authentication application not resting on the domain level. The route is typically based on the firewall.

The approval to communicate data exposed from the MH back on the way to the MS is programmed within the application during the configuration of the VERITAS security domain in support of CCS. If port 1556 cannot unlock a routable interface among the nodes utilize the program on the way to generate a random password used for the credentials used within the host application cannot register for the Member States and the installation completed successfully.

Re: How to manage Host authentication on windows server

To utilize the Private Branch Exchange (PBX) tunnel in the company of CORBA have to perform anything to the Managed Host (MH) of the installation. However, having said that, the installation check the accessibility of the authentication agent on the way to make confident that there is a management server (MS) in the connection (IP / FQDN) that you specified. In order to acquire a reply the NIC(s) require comprising a route among the MH being installed and the MS which it will register within.