Thread: Is comodo firewall works best with windows Xp SP3 ?

Is comodo firewall works best with windows Xp SP3 ?

Hi, I have PC at my place, and I use to use the internet on it, so because of the security concerned I use the antivirus called Avast and the windows firewall, so that no other bad programs damage the data in my computer, but recently I just heard about the third party software that works on behalf of the windows firewall named comodo firewall, thus I have some doubt regarding that, will it works fine with the windows XP service pack 3, as what I am using, and any other recommendation for AV. Thanks.

Re: Is comodo firewall works best with windows Xp SP3 ?

See to the degree that I know about the Anti Virus, is that you only have to make some precaution about using the internet safely, with restricting some fraudulent websites, such a small precautions also gives good results, as I do the same, I don’t have any antivirus at my place, but still there is no virus in my machine, that’s very good if you’re using any. But I would suggest you to keep the appropriate update to the antivirus and will not suffer from the viruses.

I think the windows firewall is quite good, rather than using the third party tools, because first of all you have to purchase such expensive tool and that also you will not get any guarantee that it will 100% protect your computer, it is good if you’re using but I’ll recommend you to still with the windows firewall only, because I am sure that the default one is not that bad that you have to rely on some other software.

I would like to recommend you that you should use the NIS (Norton internet security), as I am using it, and I am not having any problem regarding the virus yet. And you won’t have to worry about both, the AV and the firewall, and yeah I had heard about the comodo, it is good, and the minimal requirement is service pack 2, but as you have the SP3, it would work best on your machine, don’t know about its feature, but heard a lot about it, so I hope I would be good.

Yeah it is good firewall I have use it with my service pack2, and surely it will work with, SP3. But I don’t know that it would function same with that version also, because in SP2 when you install this firewall, it would firstly disable the by default windows firewall, and work on behalf of that, so hope so the same would happen to you also, otherwise you have to manually disable the firewall and then only you’d be able to use the external firewall.

See, if you’re planning to purchase this software, then I would suggest you that, don’t buy it directly, rather you should first try the trial versions software copy, thus you’ll get the proper understanding about the performance. Otherwise, I hope it won’t happen that you would regret afterwards. The trial copy of this you can download it from the internet, and then as you became familiar with it, you can buy the licensed copy. Or you may have different options also such as, this is not the only software, if you search the internet you’ll get thousands of similar software, so you can try that also.

Hey, I would like to recommend you that you should use the AVG antivirus rather that avast, according to me it is too awful really, I was using it that only, and whenever I try to get its update, it could never available. Thus the machine gets always infected, but since I am using the AVG, it is very good at its performance, won’t let any malicious program to come in my machine, you should try this also. But if you’re satisfied with the one you have, then it is well and good.