Thread: Unable to detect OpenCandy malware

Unable to detect OpenCandy malware

Hello people. Good wishes to all of you. Well, Lately I almost installed a free of charge utility that had the known Adware OpenCandy. Well have some quiries friends. I would like to know whether OpenCandy is presently identified as 'Goodware' by ESET? Or have they have just tweaked their installer to slip past the NOD radar? Do reply me friends and let me know. Thanks in advance on a prior note as I indeed appreciate it. Take Care guys.

Re: Unable to detect OpenCandy malware

In the history, ESET noticed OpenCandy as Adware , particularly as a potentially surplus Program. I would like to share my experience with you. I at present have scanning or one can say blocking for potentially unnecessary Programs vigorous in cooperation with on order in addition to real-time on-access scanning. Although when I downloaded the software, ESET did not warn me about it at all. Scanning on an additional device running ESET too did not pick up the pup.

Hey dude , I would like to tell you that some time back, OpenCandy criticized with reference to the uncovering furthermore at the present it gives the impression that each and every Antivirus ,with the exception of Microsoft, do not longer flag files which surround OpenCandy .I am sure on that for the reason that it has been provided on their official website. I have presently tried with one file on VT, although it is better you hang around for confirmation by ESET.

OpenCandy is a admired adware program that is from time to time packaged with installation packages of rightful programs. You may obtain a "Potential threat found" caution window subsequent to downloading whichever program packed along with OpenCandy. OpenCandy is classified as a potentially redundant request for the reason that it brings together information and chooses third-party applications to install on your computer, a few of which surround rogue-like and open to discussion qualities.

Hello. I hope you have got more than sufficient information by now. In addition to it, If you still would like to download and install software containing OpenCandy, then you will be required to click No Action three times and carry on with the installation. Also, ESET users who even desire blocking the announcement in the OpenCandy installers can perform it if they make up mind to do so by adding together the website of open candy to the list of blocked addresses.

Hello. I would like to give some important input on this. As per the information from OpenCandy, supplementary problematic submissions was unconcerned. Consequently of the applied enhancement the ESET will do away with blocking of the OC plug-in network announcement in the updates. The by-default blocking can be re-activated no more than, when it will be considered necessary to make certain protection of their customers.

Hello mate. I feel that must have clearly understood the scheme of the things until now. On a whole, I would like to say that OpenCandy is adware or in that sense we can also put it up as malware devoid of any doubts. It is, without exemption, a completely discarded line up, even if not a Trojan or a worm. Also, after seeing you question, I believe it is an additional sample, along with superior Stealth abilities which do not permit ESET to become aware of it.take Care.