Thread: How to fix dropping wifi issue in Ubuntu

How to fix dropping wifi issue in Ubuntu

I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 and it is an Linux based lapotp. I usually connected the same in a cyber cafe with wifi. I never had problems before but suddenly now after and software update my wifi keeps on dropping. I wiped out all the settings and created all new one. But still the same issue occurs. The network is dropping and causing an big fluctuation in the internet connection. How to fix the same.

Re: How to fix dropping wifi issue in Ubuntu

I am facing problems with the wifi on Ubuntu Natty based laptop. In this case it is not exactly a problem but Ubuntu kernel Natty 11.04 02/06/1938 but in the next kernel update solved. It seems that lately we are having quite a few important bugs with these new versions of the Linux kernel, hopefully something casual and not something to be repeated frequently. Run an update for the same and then check back.

First check that your system recognizes your card installed in the system. This is the network card which is necessary for internet and lan configuration. To do this, enter the following command in a terminal / console:iwconfig. If you receive a message back containing the interface wlan *, where * is a number, or you can read. The message may differ depending on the hardware but the content remains the same. If you get an no wifi connection type message then it means that you do not have any connection in your system.

Wifi in Linux install is easy if you bought a card is only compatible plug and it will appear. If it does not automatically appears more certain is that no native drivers to make sure there are q know the chipset your wifi card and has drivers for Linux but it will have q q do is install the windows driver with Ndiswrapper also install and medical automatrix2. Run - lspci | grep-i network and verify that your wifi is responding or not.

The wpa2 are to be used in most routers, are much more secure. You have to be supported both by your router as your network card, use Google to find out. But you know how to configure your router to use a WPA key, you can get much information in adslnet. In either of these two sites, at the bottom left of the screen you can see a lot of models of routers, select yours and get the information needed to configure it. With all this information and with a WPA2 key on your router and can configure your internet connection in Ubuntu Feisty.

It is very common for wireless network devices belonging to Atheros brand does not work properly on different Linux distributions. But it is more common in the case of Ubuntu, which has always shown a very poor support for these devices. Sometimes Ubuntu wireless problems are easily solved, others are virtually impossible to point to lead some people to change their distribution only to use their wireless. One of the proper solutions and that normally works on all distributions, is to install the driver package free MadWifi.