Thread: After updating ad-aware laptop shutdown frequently

After updating ad-aware laptop shutdown frequently

Hiii Friend, I am having a Dell Inspiron 1420 which has come with WINDOWS VISTA operating system service pack 2. I have installed the all required software and for security purpose i am having a ad-aware antivirus by lava soft. Its performance is good for last week BUT now when i try to update my antivirus program it gets to shut down my laptop. the update process of antivirus gets completed successfully it also shows a message that the "update was successful" after that it shutdowns my laptop, can anyone help me.

re: After updating ad-aware laptop shutdown frequently

The update process should not give a problem, then if you facings it then simply you can follow this method to fix. First remove the ad-aware antivirus utility from the add/remove program and reboot your system. Delete the TEMP file from your system for temp folder you can browse it by typing "%temp%" in RUN prompt. If all file not getting delete don't worry, then reboot. Now install the Ad-aware and update the program. And scan whole system using Ad-aware, I think this may help you providing a strong password.

Make sure that the update process gets successfully completed and then reboot and verify the definition of your antivirus is of current database. If not then try t update it manually. And then verify. If your issue is solved by manually process of update then not to worry. If your issue is not solved, then contact to technician or software manufacturer. They are going to fix your issue.

As you specified that, laptop gets shutdown it’s seem to be different thing. When it get shutdown laptop you thing that, it cannot get updated completely, but when you verify it shows the latest update definition. You start you computer in safe mode and then scan it using your utility. If it detect some virus, which will terminating the process and get the laptop to shutdown. You delete that and start laptop normal mode, if your issue solved happy to help. Now scan it in a normal mode.

When the antivirus program gets updated, then run scan process is goes on. There may be chance to detect the virus or malware due to which your system may get shutdown. Which attempt to interrupt the system get it shutdown. Put your system on boot time scan, and set detection action not to repair, just delete the detected file. You also verify that the there no any error message.