Thread: What is Egisupdate.exe?

What is Egisupdate.exe?

Guys I really don’t know what kind of file is this? I am really wondering as if from where it came? Eventually when I logged on my system it popped out in the system saying Egisupdate.exe. so I am wondering what kind of file is this is it a safe program or any kind of malware stuff such that it is giving me a pop up every time I log in my system? so what do you all think guys what is it exactly? Please do advice me on this topic I am waiting for your solutions.

Re: What is Egisupdate.exe?

Well I don’t know what exactly it is it can be a kind of malware well you don’t know how a malware can be named and hence I think it is a kind of malware that is present in your system your antivirus program does not detect it? Please check it by scanning the specific system space and see if you can get some threats warning from the antivirus there can be a possibility that it might be a malware so I am hoping that you have got the appropriate solution for the problem, hope it was beneficial for you.

Hey I have heard about this file and it is mostly present in those laptops who are having the acer laptop so I advice you to check out for the programs in the task manager you will get to see such kind of programs running In the system so that’s what I want to say here as such I don’t think so it can be any harmful program because it has not harmed your system yet so I think it is safe for your system, so better not worry about the topic if it was a threat for your system then it would have got easily detected buy the antivirus program that you are having.

Yes you were correct I am having the Acer laptop and yes thanks for your suggestion I did checked the task manager and there it displayed the process name as
    Egisupdate.exe 32* Description: MyWinlocker
    So now what next? What do you think is it safe to have it in my laptop as such I have never heard of such type of program in the laptop so that’s why it sounded to me as quite strange, so guys please do help me out here with your suggestions I am waiting.

That program comes with the acer/Mywinlocker programs and hence there is nothing to worry about the program it is the service that is being provided by the Acer people itself and hence you don’t need to worry about the topic. Well even I am having a Acer laptop and even I am having that program but I am having no problem with that file and hence you don’t need to worry about the issue so hope you have got the necessary suggestions on the topic. In case you have any other doubt then please do confirm it here.

No other doubts I am completely satisfied with the answer that you all have given here, as such I was having a doubt on this file so that’s why i questioned its presence over my system. thanks a lot that you have helped in my problem appreciate your efforts that you have put in to solve the issue for me so thanks a lot guys for helping me here. Now the problems are totally solved and thanks to you guys.

cool Re: What is Egisupdate.exe?

MyWinLocker utilizes advanced encryption technologies to easily password protect your files. Make sure no one knows the location of your private files by storing them in the invisible Yo-Safe. Furthermore, the self-decrypting feature enables you to freely share files with your friends!

Exclamation Re: What is Egisupdate.exe?

EgisUpdate is a virus. I managed to get myself a virus by clicking on a dodgey site and now whenever i sign into my computer it says EgisUpdate failed