Thread: Can Viewpoint Media Player be a spyware?

Can Viewpoint Media Player be a spyware?

I just want to ask this question with you all so what do you all think is this particular program a spyware the reason I am asking this is because when I had uninstalled this program in my system I have been getting a lot of pop ups from the adobe and hence it is really very frustrating for me to have a look at the popups every time so that’s why I am avoiding it I did a search in the internet for the same whether it is a spyware or not and some of the people claim that it is actually a spyware now I am really worried about the fact that what damage will it cause for my system? Guys please do address me something here.

Re: Can Viewpoint Media Player be a spyware?

No as such I have not seen any major complains of this product and hence I really don’t think so it can be a spyware the popups that you get is because of some of the left over’s of the software and hence it is very much advisable to remove that software completely from the system so that’s what I am saying here completely uninstall the program from the control panel that would be a better option for you. So hope you have got the correct suggestion from my side.

It seems that they have improved their software completely and hence it is not causing the problem for the users now so it cannot be termed as a spyware so just check out the latest version of the particular program in the internet and install it if you want to use and then see if it is giving you such kind of problem as such if you scan your system with the antivirus does your antivirus detects the program as a threat for your system? Please do answer.

No it does not get detected but still this pop ups really force me in to thinking that this can be a spyware which is giving this kind of pop ups. Anyways thanks for the help that you have given, you all have given some alternate options for me to try out with I will try them according and will let you know if that worked for me or not so thanks for all the efforts that you have put in my problem and in case if you have any other suggestions for the problem then please do notify me about the same I will be happy to listen it from you all so please do not forget to mention here if you have got some solutions for the problem.

Well if you are continuously getting the pop ups from the system even after the complete removal of the program that you have made from the control panel i.e add/remove programs. In addition to that you will have to go to the following location
    1. C:\Program Files\Viewpoint -- Erase entire directory
    2. C:\Program Files\AOD\viewpoint.exe
    So that the entire dictionary does gets deleted.