Thread: How to install users, passwords and Exchange data from old server to new server

How to install users, passwords and Exchange data from old server to new server

I hope this title is clear to all well i have come here to seek some help from you all and the thing is that we are having a Acer Altos G310 Server and that is configured for Windows Domain Controller, DNS Server and also the Exchange Server on my Local Area Network. Now we have purchased a Dell T710 Server and I am very confused on how to install the users, passwords and the mailboxes in it I am sure you all must be knowing about it so please do guide me through the solutions so help me out guys.

re: How to install users, passwords and Exchange data from old server to new server

See there is a very simple solution for this problem and the solution for that is promoting a new server to a new domain controller and that too keeping the existing domain intact and hence with that you will be able to add your new server and also replicate the active directory in it. so that’s what I am trying to say here hope you all liked the suggestions so work on it and let me know if this gives you the desired result.

re: How to install users, passwords and Exchange data from old server to new server

Also one more suggestion that I would like to give you is that if your DNS is stored in Active Directory then go to the general tab in the dns zone and from there select replicate to all domain controllers you can try out this practice as well. I think this si the most easiest solution of them all and I am sure you must give it a try and hence do work on it and let me know what is the end result for it so go ahead and have a look. ‘

I do not agree with the above two solution the reason behind is that for the above solutions to work you do not have to rename the server name of Microsoft exchange when you are in a new server, so it is always advisable to make use of the Exchange on a DC now in order to move the exchange you will have to first think of installing a new set of Exchange server roles, connectors, public folder replicas and so on after having done that then only you can think of setting up a new server to the system.

Yes even I completely agree with the above reason the reason I am saying that is Microsoft exchange server is always recommended because it will not complicate the matters while you want to shift the server as the above users were saying that in order to replicate the domain controllers we can promote the new server to domain controller, so in case we forget about the Microsoft exchange then we have to make sure that we learn about it so that’s what I want to say here do have a look properly.

Re: How to install users, passwords and Exchange data from old server to new server

Thanks for all the suggestions that you have given here and I am sure it will work out for me so thanks a lot people for the suggestions and lets hope that it will work out for me, so thanks again. I will start with the experimentation and other stuffs so i will look at the matter and will notify you accordingly so that's the way to go for me i will try with the methods that you have suggested and hence will inform you accordingly.