Thread: Flaws in group policy of Internet Explorer 8 Content Advisor

Flaws in group policy of Internet Explorer 8 Content Advisor

Well I was thinking of implementing content advisor block websites so for that I have created a group in which one group I have added all the websites where it should be allowed and in the other group all the websites which should be blocked are added, so that’s what I have done till now. So any user from allowed group access the websites he will be given a permission and while for the user in the other group which does have a block permission then they will not be allowed to view the websites. However I have seen that there is one flaw in it a user from the allowed group once he access the website and then again when he wants to get back he is not allowed to view the website even though he belongs to the allowed group now why such? Please do let me know your views on this?

Re: Flaws in group policy of Internet Explorer 8 Content Advisor

Just make sure that you have the hotfix KB950065 is installed on the machines. See without that you will not be able to do anything with the internet explorer 8 for the internet explorer browser hotfix is the most important tool and hence it is very important to download them in your system so that you can access the Content Advisor in the browser so make sure that you have it and in case if you are having problem then do post in back and I will make sure that I solve your query. So that’s what I am saying here.

Well thanks for the solution that you have given I have that hotfix in my browser and I am not so dumb that I may not be realizing the importance of hotfix in the browser so that’s what I am saying can you all suggest me some other solution for the problem that you all think that I must give it a try in case you know about that then do let me know as soon as possible since I have failed looking for the solutions in the other websites also nothing seems to be helping me out here.

If that is the case then one more reminder that I would like to remind you is that make sure that you are importing the settings from a computer that is already configured when setting the GPO. If you don’t do that then the saved settings setting will not get implemented at all hence make sure that you have a a look at that and hence that’s what my suggestion for you do read it properly and let me know if it works or not.

See if nothing is going your way then the best option for you is to have a talk with the Microsoft support staff about the issue there are lots of security staff there waiting to answer out your queries so just go and report the problem to them so inquiring with them will surely fetch you out some solutions. So make sure that you are trying this option as your last attempt in case if you have not got any solution then only.

Thanks for all the help that you have given here I am really amazed with the response that I have got here however none of them were useful for me so that’s a sad part in it any other stuffs that you have in it then do let me know about it as i am really waiting for the problem to get sorted out as soon as possible so that's why i am waiting for it to get it sorted, so any other solutions that you have then do reply it quickly.