Thread: NIS 2011 Subscription Days Remain Stuck

NIS 2011 Subscription Days Remain Stuck

My HP computer with Windows 7 came with a balancing 60 day free trial of Norton Internet Security 2010. I setup that on my PC and utilized it the entire incline to its ending date. On the ending date, I after that uninstalled Norton Internet Security 2010 and installed NIS 2011 by means of a CD I had acquired. Anyway, the whole thing looks to work well, NIS 2011 updates its virus definitions often throughout every day, does swift scans, full scans, and so on, but here's the trouble: while I seem at the Norton Internet Security 2011 window, which illustrates all the variety of settings, and so on. The days illustrating in the NIS 2011 subscription status part remain stuck! The days illustrating in the subscription status part of the NIS 2011 window, should descend every day, (e.g. 300, 299, 298), and so on, but they don't. Anyone have any idea on this?

Re: NIS 2011 Subscription Days Remain Stuck

Hang on for a few assist -- Norton subscription products do ensure your subscription status often -- that's how they know to immobilize it while your subscription finishes. To get you the excellent suggestion, would you give us a few additional information regarding your system to fill in any gaps in what you have told us previously: What edition of Windows are you utilizing counting Service Packs and whether 32 bit or 64 bit plus the Version ID of the Norton product that you are utilizing-- Help or Support / About is where that is, in the set-up of nn.nn.nn.nnn. If you obtain any error messages please give the accurate wording of them plus any additional background which could be helpful.

Here's the information you demanded: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Pair of Days remaining on subscription: 421 (two extra 30 day sections were appended by tech support as a sign of goodwill). NIS 2011 Version 18.6.0.29. No errors allied to Norton showing in the Event Viewer. As I stated previous, it works immense. It just doesn't update the days left over on the subscription mechanically as it should. I have to physically do it. For instance the days remaining today were showing as 420 until I manually updated it.

I have utilized the flushdns command that does what it recommends and it's normally recommended to clear sticky internet troubles. You will discover Command Prompt below System Tools-- in Windows 7 the simplest means to get to it is to type command prompt in the Start button Search box-- right mouse click on it and choose Run as Administrator and note that there's a space in the command earlier than the switch ipconfig /flushdns. You can put into the command prompt if you click on the small symbol up top left of the little screen with the black background arrives and choose edit / paste.

Generally later than you enter a key you’re asked to make a Norton account where you can discover your keys and it tells you how extensive they are good. Just attempt clicking the "Account" key on the top of the main screen. I am not positive, but if you obtain to a sign in screen I think you previously shaped an account. If I memorize properly the "new account" page begins with a solitary input box to place in an email address lacking a box to place in a password.

I would not deal with the reset at present, as Norton is at a standstill working very well. You did obtain emails from Symantec to renovate, so someway your product must have been listed, as a minimum in the trial phase. Support could discover your key and ad 60 days to it, so they as well should know which UserID it is listed to. Is it probable that they added your subscription of 366 days to the trial days? What hits me: You have 420 days remain; generally Norton subscription is 366 days, so 60 days additional would make 426? Someplace along the line you must have mislaid 5 days.