Thread: NIS 2011 and Windows Live Messenger

NIS 2011 and Windows Live Messenger

I've a new Compaq laptop, and impossible when using WLM to have any sound working... video is fine. I uninstalled Live Essentials, I uninstalled NIS, reinstall everything and still the same pb. I check all the sound, the mike, the speakers, the mixer: everything is on, NO mute, and it's working with WMP and other applications... I am told by several sources that the pb is NIS 2011. Could you help me?

Re: NIS 2011 and Windows Live Messenger

Can you please let me know the exact edition of your Norton product?
    1. Unlock the main window
    2. Click on Help and Support-> About menu
    3. On the About window locate the edition number (it will seem like this: 18.6.0.29)

As well please comprise which version of WLM is setup on your computer system, and which Windows operating system and Service Pack do you utilize.

Here I just wish to add something in this. Did your novel laptop arrive with any pre installed security program? If it did, was the earlier security program uninstalled methodically first earlier than you installed NIS 2011? Did you ensure the options in WLM below Tools, Options and Sound and made certain that the box with sound mute isn't checked? Have you checked the sound effects for any of the alternatives which can have sound?

Since I am helping a friend to try to crack this problem I don’t have PC with me, but I can know you that the moment I installed NIS 2011 from the CD, it went on the Symantec site to modernize to the most recent obtainable version of NIS 2011. Its WLM 2011 running with Windows 7 Family Premium with the most recent pack installed. There was no pre-install security program. The mute characteristic and all the mixer commands were the initial things checked, the whole thing is on and accurate. I followed a Microsoft process to uninstall WLM ET reinstalled it, I did immobilize NIS, all of this to no benefit: video is OK, but at a standstill NO sound.

Did Windows Live Messenger have sound functioning earlier than you installed NIS 2011? Have you checked with the Compaq site? It is as well likely that it might be a fault on Microsoft's end with Windows Live Messenger. Have you ensured with the Help Center for Windows Live Messenger to notice if there are others who are having this similar trouble? If not anything else works attempt this. Uninstall the sound driver and software <reboot>; re-setup driver and software <reboot>. I have seen WLM and other applications dishonest the sound driver.

There have been many sound troubles with Compaq/HP laptops. As well check the Compaq site on your laptop, if the trouble is known there. One of the core solutions for this trouble is certainly what previous poster recommends. As a total uninstall/reinstall of your sound driver and programs the majority of the times does not work, this suggestion from the HP, the majority of the times works:
    1. Just go to Device Manager, unlock Sound Devices tree, and right click on your Sound Device and 'Uninstall'. Do not uninstall anything else there!
    2. Start again your laptop and ahead restart Windows will setup your Sound Device another time.

Hope this helps.