Thread: avgssie.dll is crashing Yahoo Mail

avgssie.dll is crashing Yahoo Mail

As the title suggesting itself what i am going to ask over here. Well i have installed AVG antivirus on the computer of mine. after installing the same i have found that the Yahoo Mail on the computer of mine seems to be crashing. I am totally why such problem is occurring on the computer of mine. Let me know if you are having any particular solution to get the requirement of mine. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: avgssie.dll is crashing Yahoo Mail

You have not provided and specific information regarding the problem which you are facing on the computer of yours. Well let me know which operating system do you have installed on the computer of yours? Can you tell me which version of the AVG do you have installed on the computer? Do you getting any error message at the time of crashing of the Yahoo Mail? Can you provide the dump file so that i cab view it and let you know about the possible solution. So answer the above mentioned question as early as possible.

In order to create the dump file you should use the following instruction.
    • You should download and install Debugging Tools for Windows. Double click on the same and use the instruction which is provided by the installation wizard.
    • Now execute the below mentioned command on the command prompt.
    • "C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\windbg.exe" -I
    • You should execute the below mentioned command on the WinDbg console
    • .dump /ma C:\temp\crash.dmp
    • It will create the Crash.dmp dump file which you should provide over here.

Well you told me that you the Yahoo Mail is crashing due to avgssie.dll. so i recommend that you should deregister this particular dll and see whether it is working or not. you need to use the command prompt with administrative rights and deregister the dll from the computer of yours. after doing the same you should reboot the computer. if you are looking to have further assistance then feel free to ask for the same.

I am highly suspecting that the problem which you have mentioned over here is happening due to lack of the update of the AVG. Well i am suggesting that you should update the AVG and see whether it is working or not. you can get the latest update from the official website of the AVG and download and install the latest update on the system of yours. After installing the latest update you should restart the computer of yours.

Well looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here might be happening due to bug issue. So i am suggesting that you should contact the AVG and file a bug report. Well you should provide the information regarding the computer configuration and the dump file of the crashing. AVG team would work on the situation and release the bug after fixing the bug. Let me know whether they have helped you or not.