Thread: Norton Internet Security 2011 not showing proper results in event viewer

Norton Internet Security 2011 not showing proper results in event viewer

I have some severe problem with my antivirus program that I am using. Well the problem is with the event viewer it is really giving me lot of problems with the results first it displays me 1-warning and 3 errors and then it comes up with a error message saying Service Control Manager SSPORT service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. So what are your suggestions on these please do specify?

Re: Norton Internet Security 2011 not showing proper results in event viewer

As far as everything is working well in your system you need not worry about the event viewer in the system, see even viewer is a just type of log file that gets stored after every scan in the system, so do have a look at it as such it is not a topic to worry so nothing much to feel about it. Just try scanning the system again and see what kind of results are getting displayed, I think so the problem will get solved by that so go ahead and try the method that I have specified here.

Why don’t you have a talk with the Norton support staff about the issue and they will address the issue accordingly. See the issues like these are bet known to them and hence it is better to clear out issues like these from them only and hence I think that would be a much better option to go with. So I hope you have understood what I am trying to say here. So go ahead and have a talk with them and carry out the necessary implementation.

Just delete that event viewer basically that logs that get generated in the system, and after that start fresh with a scan of your system and see what type of log file is getting generated see if this said suggestion helps you or not, I think it must definitely help, so go ahead and have a look at the procedure that I have suggested hope it helps you in such situation. As such it is a log report so whats the big thing to worry about it? As long your system detects the threats there is no need to worry.

OK thanks for your help I was a bit concerned about these issue and hence thanks for giving me the solutions it really helped me a lot. As I said I was concerned about these issue so that’s why I sought to clear out from you all only anyways now all the confusions have been sorted out. I must appreciate your efforts for all the suggestions that you have given here and helping me solve the problem.