Thread: What to do to avoid hacks on system

What to do to avoid hacks on system

I am looking for some valuable suggestions that can help to me avoid hacks. I have a lan setup at my office. I had found some applications are accessing my network outside my office area. That means either some of my colleague is doing the same or it can be due to some other virus issue. I am not getting the things behind that. I am not much into computers. I need some help with things that can let me to avoid such hacks.

Re: What to do to avoid hacks on system

Configure the firewall and antivirus well. The most popular operating systems have a firewall, you have to disable it before installing a new one, because two such programs active at the same time on the same computer can cause a conflict between them. If you choose to install separate firewall and antivirus, start with the virus. This are the most basic things you can do to protect your system from start. Microsoft products are the main target of hackers. Limit the risks by choosing software from other manufacturers.

Before opening files or images that come from any external media or sent to you by e-mail, run the malware. Never respond to suspicious emails or open files attached to it, or click on the links that appear in the message. Do not send personal data if you send one email to multiple recipients, use the BCC to show not all the addresses of others. If you must leave an email address on a forum, for example, you should create a specific direction (even temporarily) for such uses.

Do not send sensitive data via email. If you have to deal with online banking is safer directly typing the URL of the page you want to access instead of using a link received in an email, for example. Make sure before this is a secure connection (you can check it begins with https and has a lock on the bottom of the browser. Exercise caution when using a public computer. This the place where there are most chances of getting hacked.

Remember to make regular backups of all files on external media, and not lose all the material if precautions are not enough to prevent hacking. Remember to make regular backups of all files on external media, and not lose all the material if precautions are not enough to prevent hacking. If you only have antivirus and firewall, be aware that some browsers and email clients incorporate anti-spam and anti-phishing programs, as appropriate. Use them. And remember that you should only download programs from sites you trust.

Do not use passwords that are easy to be discovered, such as names of relatives, birth dates, patent and car. Give preference to sequences that mix letters and numbers. Besides, do not use as a password combination that is less than 6 characters. The most important thing: do not keep your passwords in Word files or any other program. If you need to store a password on paper (in extreme cases), destroy it after saving the sequence. Besides, avoid using the same password for multiple services.