Thread: DoS attack on Counter Strike Server.

DoS attack on Counter Strike Server.

Hello guys, i am having some problem while the Counter strike, and i am running this source game server on Windows XP and on the back end i am using 1.4.21. And on my server i am facing the DoS attacks like (spp_frag3) fragmentation overlap and (spp_frag3) Teardrop. And ISP blocked my IP address because attacker is sending more than 50MB/sec and they can’t control that amount of data. Please help me guys how to prevent these attacks?

re: DoS attack on Counter Strike Server.

I have read about this on the other forum site also and there solution was buying the IDS to avoid DDoS, but i don’t think IDS would help o such issues. I think IPS will be the better option compared to the IDS. IPS will protect your server from the intruders. And if you don’t have good relationship with ISP’s then take a written guide from them for what to do? when this type of problem you face on your sever.

Well dude you can use dotDefender web application firewall to prevent the DoS attacks , because it checks the HTTP traffic and their packets on the users system against the rules to allor or deny thr IP addresses , protocols or ports to stop web applications. And dotDefender gives out of the box protection against the most of the web attacks like path traversal, SQL injectin attacks, cross-site scripting, DoS threats etc.

yeah it’s good to use the firewall to protect server from the the DoS attacks and from the other web attacks. But if the attack is just for the “CSS” game then there are two patch files which you have to download to protect your system against the attack. “DoS Attack Fixer for TF2 v2 : DAF version 2 for TF2” this is for Windows and Linux and will work for Orangebox games. And other is “DoS Attack Fixer for CSS v2 : DAF version 2 for Counter-Strike Source”.