Thread: How to modify ports on firewall

How to modify ports on firewall

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you out there. I hope you all have been doing well. Well, I like to learn new things and explore it and just knew from somewhere that one can alter ports on firewall. Well, basically, my query is that how to modify port on firewall and also what is the result of it. Short discussion will be fine. I hope that I get replies for the above. Thanks in advance for the replies as I really appreciate it. Take Care!

Re: How to modify ports on firewall

Hey buddy I would like to enlighten you on something related to the above discussion that is going on as you have mentioned what is the outcome of it. I would like to tell you that a firewall is a network safekeeping piece of equipment which obstructs traffic from haphazardly accessing your computer . Altering the "ports" that are open on your firewall will transform programs which are able to get all the way through to the internet, enabling or putting a ceiling on online connectivity. I hope this helps.

Hey mate, it is a very easy process. Just Click Start and then open the Control Panel. You will then have to choose the Security Center and click on Windows Firewall. Following it, Click Exceptions and opt for Add Port. Enter in the program name which makes use of the port and the port number and then hit Enter. Uncheck the box next to the entry to close the port if required at a later date. I hope you perform the above steps and you will be able to modify ports on firewall.

To physically open a port you will have to Click Start, and then click My Network Places. Beneath Network Tasks, click View Network Connections. Right-click the connection that you use for the Internet, and then click Properties. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings. Click Add in order to open a new port. Inside the Description box, enter a friendly name. Inside the Name box, type 127.0.0.1. In the External port and Internal port boxes, type the port number. Enter either TCP or UDP, and then click OK.

Hey I wished that you had mentioned the operating system that you are using. Anyways, on XP Pro SP2 test machine change the listening port in the registry to 3390 and reboot the system. Also, configure the windows firewall exceptions. Disable the default Remote Desktop setting. Just be confirmed that it has been unchecked. In addition to above, you will be required to disable the default Remote Desktop setting. I know this from my experience, I hope even you will be benefited.

Guys, thank you so much for helping me out and showing me the way. I am just blown away by the response and that too so swiftly. I am just astonished by it. The process was so methodically explained and I did not get stuck up anywhere. In addition to it, each and every reply was significant to me. I am not using windows XP pro but was nice to gain knowledge and apologies for not mentioning it. You all really made my day friends. I thanks you’ll again. Take Care.