Thread: Restrict thief for accessing windows 7 personal data if laptop stolen

Restrict thief for accessing windows 7 personal data if laptop stolen

Hello friend, recently I bought new laptop and I want to provide security to this laptop. I have install windows 7 operating system and I want to assign the best security to this os. If any thief stolen this laptop then he does not able to access the personal data of this laptop. Can I able to do it? Anyone has knowledge about it then please share it. This is the very important issue and I need to find out some solution over this trouble.

Re: Restrict thief for accessing windows 7 personal data if laptop stolen

Hey dude, I suggest you to use the BIOS password. Normally user has not knowledge about it but we can able to assign password to the BIOS of the laptop. If the thief have does not knowledge about the BIOS password then he doesn’t able to access any content of the laptop. The BIOS password is that has to be entered before the OS starts loading and normally it appears on black screen. If you enter correct password then the laptop is started. It helps you to provide the life time security to the laptop by thief.

Hey some time the thief person has to be very intelligent and might be possible that they have knowledge about this BIOS password. There is so much software present in the internet which helps to break the BIOS password. The thief can be help this software and break the password. In that case, you need to set NTFS user access permissions to files/folders/drives. NTFS permissions are available to drives formatted with NTFS and this granted the permission to other user if owner gives the permission to access it.

I think you can be use the latest BitLocker full disk encryption method for providing security to the windows 7 Operating system. BitLocker is available only in the Enterprise and Ultimate editions of Windows Vista and Windows 7 and as per you mentioning in the post that windows 7 installed on the system. Then if this win 7 is the ultimate or enterprise edition then the definitely the BitLocker is present into this system. Use that feature and then secure your personal data from unauthorized user.

You can be use the third party encryption solution to provide the security to the files/folder/directory of the system. These third party encryptions provide several kinds of security features such as hidden containers, pre-boot authentication, and custom authentication and so on. This feature has specially designed for this kind of solution. Use this third party solution and then it helps you to protect the laptop from the thief.

Hey dude, sometime it is also possible that this kind of feature will not work individually. Then you need to use the combination of any of this solution. Normally people will assign the BIOS password but it cannot completely helpful to protect the data from unknown person. Then the multiple solution such as Bit Locker and also other will help to protect the data. Then I suggest you to use the combination of this solution and it help you to protect data.

Hey dude, I try to do this but doesn’t able to do it. This concept has been the most complicated in the windows 7 operating system. Hence I contact the expert staff of the Microsoft and they told me the exact step by step process to protect the data. Then I do this process and the data is present in the laptop is protected from the unauthorized user. If you have faced this type of issue then contact the expert staff of the Microsoft and they help you to solve the trouble.