Thread: Windows Defender and AVAST too slow at Startup

Windows Defender and AVAST too slow at Startup

Hello everyone, I am facing one small error on my computer at my home. I am using Windows XP professional with SP3 on my desktop with high speed internet, even I am using AVAST for security and I am also using Router to plug into ROKU to have Netflix to my TV. For security, I am also using Windows defender with AVAST, and this creates a problem, when I start the PC windows defender takes over the machine for scanning purpose. I am quite happy with AVAST, so I don’t want to uninstall it, in this case what can I do? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks a lot in advance!

Re: Windows Defender and AVAST too slow at Startup

Hey I have seen your problem. I am completely agreed with you point that Windows defender uses the full CPU while scanning, and also the AVAST is quite good option. As per my suggestion you must schedule windows defender to run its scan during middle of the night. If you schedule the task in this manner, then you will not face slow performance of computer while startup of the computer. I doubt that you might keeping your computer turn on, well in that case you schedule the time as per your requirement. Just try this and see whether it is working for you or not?

Hello everyone, I have also suffered through to the same situation and believe me it not that big issue. Scheduling the task for windows defender would be the better option, if you are not able to keep your computer on, then also you can schedule task for Windows defender which will complete its task when your computer in standby or hibernate mode. There is no matter if you keep your computer on and leave it as it is, if there is no one who is touching your computer. So just try this, it may help you to solve your problem.

Hey friends, how you all doing? I also wanted to say something to all, I was having the same problem and I also I was doing the same mistake to run AVAST and windows defender on the same machine. I was also facing the problem of slow performance on the start up of the computer, I tried to schedule the scan time but then too I was not feeling good. After that I disabled Windows defender, and I found that AVAST is working quite well. So my suggestions is that, AVAST is sufficient for this work and keep it up to date, and remove Windows Defender and see the change in the performance of the CPU.

Hello friend, I appreciate the above mentioned posts, they are right from there point and also you can use it as a good solution. If you are trying these points and not getting proper solution then I have an alternative solution for you. First of all I wanted to say that you can’t remove Windows Defender from computer because it is the part of the computer which comes with windows component disc. Don’t try to schedule automatic scans with defender, but keep it on real time mode for the protection. The solution is that, just disable all scheduled automatic scan, because it may cause the slow computer speed or performance.

Hey friends, thanks a lot for such a wonderful solution from you all. Finally I am happily using my desktop with high performance, just because of you all. Firstly I tried to schedule scanning on the standby mode and hibernating mode, but it is not quite working for me. I tried to disable windows defender, but I don’t know why I am not able to do it, then after reading the above post I did the same as mentioned in that post and I have solved my problem. AVAST is also working properly, from now I am not using automatic scan, instead of that I am using on-demand and custom scan. Thanks a lot for the help