Thread: Windows PowerShell program represent security risk

Windows PowerShell program represent security risk

Hello friend, I am running on laptop and I installed win XP on it. Yesterday noticed that 'Windows Power Shell' existed on it. I don’t know what did to use this program. When I open the properties of the powershell program I noticed that it was installed at the time of install OS. I don't remember the exact process to do this task. Is it possible that this powershell program represents a security risk to my laptop? I need help to solve the trouble. Any type of help will be appreciates.

Re: Windows PowerShell program represent security risk

Windows Power Shell is the Microsoft tasks which consist of command line shell and scripting language with .Net framework. This Command line shell will provide the facility to execute command and it recognizing both Windows as well as Linux compatible command. These commands contain several command which helps to assign the security setting to the several application software. Hence I think this is helpful to increase the security of the system.

Hey I think you need to search several article of this windows powershell application. I read some article and then I realized that this could be also possible that using this program user may also change the security of the system. Several times user doesn’t know about this program but if he understand this concept then it also possible that the command helps to change the security setting. Then I think this is not the fix argument that it provides security and not the risk.

I am also new to powershell and trying to learn more about this application. I am only trying to read the small command of this program which will helpful to assign the security issue to particular application software. I am currently worked on windows 7 and it is by default available in the bootable installation of the Windows 7. As far the compatibility point of view there is no issue with the Microsoft base operating system. This is the inbuilt application of Microsoft OS.

I don’t know that where is mentioned that this powershell application is provide risk at some situation but I think several articles says that normally this application use for assign security to the application and file presents in the system. But it can be also possible that this program helps to remove the security of the application. I suggest you visit WindowsNetworking.com and in that go to the admin tips section. It helps you to understand the concept and the basic reason behind that.