Thread: Antivirus for rootkits on the external disk

Antivirus for rootkits on the external disk

I have been looking for a solution over this issue from a long time and I am not very sure what I need to do to solve the issue. The thing is that I have arrived at the conclusion that the only way to be a bit sure that my computer is not infected by rootkits is to start up with another operating system. I have a USB hard disk connection station so I can have both hard disks mounted. Now the thing is that if I want to run a windows antivirus solution that makes an extensive checking for boot rootkits on the external disk, which solution is the best to use today?Please do get back to me on this as I am waiting for the solutions.

Re: Antivirus for rootkits on the external disk

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and my primary suggestion to you would be that I completely agree with what you are talking about. I would tell you that you can scan at the boot time anytime but I would say that I can even suggest you that when you are trying to clone your OS then before that time you need to have a time to scan the system with all file.So this is very important and you need to remember.

I would say that you need to first check the result of the data which is infected or not? This is the most important step that you need to carry and then I guess that the path wont be much difficult ahead.Also at the same time I would say that if there is any problem regarding the virus then what you need to do is that you should not have to worry much about it. This is because according to me you can just ignore it a sit wont be much harmful to you. SO this is what I feel about the issue that you have raised.

According to me you don’t have to worry much about it as you can work in the safe mode also and this is the options that is available to you. At the same time I feel that you need to copy or cloning and you can attach to any system.So again this is an added advantage with you. Also I feel that you can use a good anti virus for this to heal all the problems that you are facing .So I would suggest you that you can go ahead with something like the Avast Professional or Home Edition as they both can do the job that you wish for.

What I guess it that rather than taking some kind of unnecessary steps you first need to check the hard drives by using the manufacturer's utility programs. This is something that is very important step that you need to follow. Along with that what you can do is that you can use windows based programs that can be very useful to you. Such programmes will definitely help you in getting away with such kind of issues. SO this is what I feel and though I would recommend a boot able CD which will be based on the diagnostic program.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided. I just went through them and would say that I have been really happy with them. At the same time I would say that I will work n then immediately and hope that they will be handy for me and do the desired job that I am looking for.So I would finally like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided and would say that they have really been very useful.