Thread: AVG Free 2011 disappeared after a week

AVG Free 2011 disappeared after a week

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you. I had installed the free edtion of AVG 2011 hardly few days back, ran the update and entire computer scan devoid of any problem. The computer was then off 5 days, following it I turned back on the AVG 2011 desktop icon disappeared and Windows Vista displayed a security pop up which said that no antivirus program was found. What is the issue guys. Why such a thing happened. I am really pissed. What should I do now. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: AVG Free 2011 disappeared after a week

Hey I will like to tell that even I am sailing in the same boat like you. My AVG Free 2011 has been vanishing on quite a few machines, since some days. It is happening when I update additional software, or when I install supplementary software. The folder in the program menu vanishes. I by no means have restore points activated. I feel that it is a concern with the latest AVG update.I run XP pro, with SP3 on all my machines. Really looking out for the reason why such a thing is happening.

Hey mate. I am fine and hoping the same things at your end. I can help you out on the above post that you have written. Firstly, I will advocate you that you will have to re-install the program and re-download the update. I am sure that will solve you issue and AVG free 2011 edition will be back for you. Do give it a try and revert back to me and let me know whether the installation was performed in a proper manner. Thank You. I hope this helps.

Hey buddy I did go through your thread and then the above reply. The above answer is perfectly right and you should follow it and that should help you in getting the things right. However, coming to what you asked that why such a thing must have happened then I have a feeling that your system must have done a restore to an earlier point earlier than you had installed AVG. However, I doubt whether this is the exact reason. But, possibilities are there surely.

Friends, looking at the above comments I feel that you must have got the scenario of the things. Anyways, just keep in mind to perform a repair installation along with latest installation package afterwards in order to restore functionality. Also, on a personal front, I do not like AVG, rather then that I will advocate you to use something else which are better and thus give better performance. My vote goes for Norton. Even that is freely available, hence, no harm in giving it a try.

Hello friends. Thank You so much for such wonderful and fast replies. I am really glad to see it. Mate, I did give a try to Norton , have to say that it did resolve my issue. Also, I performed re installation and that helped too. You’ll were so precise and systematic in answering. I also could find out the exact reason for such a thing which was happening. You all made my day friends, I really appreciate it on a very high note. Take Care