Thread: Not able to use utorrent on centos5.5

Not able to use utorrent on centos5.5

I have one server in my office and several personal computers, i want to use u torrent on server on which i am running centos 5.5, but i am not able to use it, as it gives different errors. I had tried out many tools but they are also not working. I just want to share some particular file on all personal computers. Can anyone help me out ?? I am getting the error like the file `GLIBC_2.11' is missing.

Re: Not able to use utorrent on centos5.5

You can do it in very simpler way by following certain steps, Upload the TF folder then go to install folder through your browser. But first of all you have to make a database access it after extract it and then follow the on screen steps which is very user friendly. You might get the error 'torrentflux.tf_settings' doesn't exists, you have to take care of that when you are entering the database name. You can check the database setting by the file "config.db.php".

Another way is like You can use transmission as a torrent client. Otherwise unpack the unpack 'tarball' S/w that you can download from site and then run 'utserver'. After this is being Done, If you run utserver in a terminal then you can see that it starts and whether there are any fatal errors that usualy doesn't occurs, but if it arise then you'll have to work through them. Most people can reach this stage but don't realize uTorrent is running because there is lack of front end. Its a console based OS. Go to your browser and enter your IP address (you'll have to enter the IP address of your machine on your local network).IT would ask for username and password which is admin and keep the PWD as blank.You should see a user interface.

When you run ssh you perhaps get the error like [root@server utorrent-server-v3_0]# ./utserver
    ./utserver: Error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8:
    cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    we can overcome this problem by simply downloading the alpha version of the software from the internet. But for this operation you must have 32 bit Library.