Thread: Unable to access any file and folder on system

Unable to access any file and folder on system

Hello guys I am having a major problem on my system, I am not able to access any file on it. I have Windows on my Dell notebook. All files are still these but yet I am not able to access any of that because while scanning I can see that files are getting scanned but when I look on desktop, in C drive and in My documents there are no files. I don’t know much about these things guys please help me out, if you have gone through such kind of problem please share the solutions.

re: Unable to access any file and folder on system

Dude first you have to provide me some more information about your system which Windows OS you are having and which dell notebook you are using. And other information like which Antivirus is installed in your system. First reply to those question and yes you can do one thing try to run unhide.exe which you can easily found on internet then run to unhide the files. And if it displays all the files then rehide the protected system files.

Hey dude thanks a lot so replying so quickly, well I have Dell Inspiron 1525 with Windows Vista installed on it, well I don’t think unhide.exe is proper solution because all the files will be unhidden and then I would which file I have hide and which file should be unhidden, I can run unhide.exe but I want to know how those files will be hidden again. Thank you for your concern, hope the information is quite enough and I scanned using AVAST.

Here’s the way you can make those file hidden again. For Windows Vista you have to follow these instruction,
    1> Close all the programs and click on Start button.
    2> Now click on control panel.
    3> You will be in one view section out of these two Classic View or Control Panel Home view.
    4> If you are in Classic view then
    a> First double click on Folder options icon and then click on view tab
    b> Go to 5th step now.
    Or In Control panel home view
    a> You have to click on Appearance and Personalization link.
    b> Now click on “Appearance and Personalization link”.
    c> Now got to step 5.
    5> You have to select the radio button in the “Hidden files and folders” that hides all the hidden folders and files.
    6> Now check in front of “Protected operating system files”.
    7> Now first click on the “Apply” and then on the “OK” button.

Re: Unable to access any file and folder on system

Hey that’s so nice of you guys, and it worked for me. Now I can see my all files and folders on desktop , in My documents, My music etc. but I have also tried ESET online scanner, TDSSkiller, OTL, Malwarebytes etc. to get rid up of this problem I done all the scan part first but all the files were not visible and after that I ran unhide.exe and I worked for me and using your instructions, I hide the protected system files. I must say that users on this site are really very helpful and active to as compared to many other known websites, thank you guys.