Thread: Unable to access my web servers

Unable to access my web servers

My network contained a Linix server running Apache (web), Bind (DNS), and Postfix (email) along with a Win Server 2003 box that I believe was acting as a domain controller (I didn't configure any of this network, so I'm still fuzzy on parts of it).

I was configuring a new Server 2003 box as a test platform but it somehow took over a few rolls from the old 2003 server as it was being configured. I can now access all of my servers on the local network, but now the outside world can't reach them. If my new Server 2003 box is online, it rejects all incoming IP addresses. If it's not online, my servers are unreachable from the outside. What can I do to correct this? What can I do to either allow my new server 03 to accept these incoming IPs or what can I do in order to re-establish the old server 03 box as the boss of the network again?

Re: Unable to access my web servers

Go out of your network IP address. Open your browser locally on the Web server from within the network and type the following at the "direction" of your browser:"Enter" This takes you to a website that shows the external IP network - as in the picture below example. Take note of this address. In this example, 88.84.89.23 your address will be different. Enter a computer outside the network . Enter the external address of the IP network in the browser address window and then press "Enter." This will connect to the Web server and display the "default" page. I hope it works for you.