Thread: Microsoft security essentials update error code: 0x80072ee2

Microsoft security essentials update error code: 0x80072ee2

I have installed the windows 7 on mine system and everything on the system works fine without any issue. 2 days before I have installed the Microsoft security essentials and installation done without any issue. Last night when I am working with the system I have got the option to update the Microsoft security essentials and after that I have tried to update. But during update time I have go the error code: 0x80072ee2 mine updating was stopped. Can anyone help on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Microsoft security essentials update error code: 0x80072ee2

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go through the below steps: make select on the start and after that go to the run. Now on the run program write cmd and then make click on the ok button. Now on the command prompt type the following command and then press enter key after every command.
    net start slsvc
    exit
    Now once you finish these steps and after that restart your4 system and then try to update your MSE.

We recommend the following solution and can solve your problem. To do this, follow these steps: Click Start and then making a hit in the search. Now the type of search service and then make a stroke on the OK button. During this time you need to enter the UCA and then get into that. Now in the service program in the service to check that your software licensing service has started. If that was started after updating to Microsoft Security Essentials.

I have gone through this same issue on mine MSE as well and I would like to advise you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. Make sure that you have turned off the third party antivirus. During the time of update you need to make the all other antivirus as turn off and after that you can update your any program because most of the time third party antiviruses are crash with this installation. Finally I would like to suggest you to disable the antivirus and after that make update.

I have faced the same issue on mien system as well and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this goes through the following steps: make hit on the start and after that go to the run program. Now on the run program type cmd and then choose the ok button. Now on the command prompt type the following and then push the enter key after every command:
    netsh winhttp show proxy
    netsh winhttp reset proxy
    exit
    now once you complete this go to the start and after that make hit on the all program and under that make click on the Windows Update. Now you can download and then install it on your system.

I think you have turned off your windows firewall and so therefore you’re getting this error. I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can turn on your windows firewall. To do these go through the following steps: make click on the start and after that go to the control panel. Now under the control panel make hit on the system and security and then select the windows firewall. Now on that make click on the Turn Windows Firewall on or off at the left side and then make sure that you have turned on. Now once you finish this restart your system and after that try to update.