Thread: Unable to connect to wireless network after dual booting

Unable to connect to wireless network after dual booting

I recently installed the Windows 7 and the whole thing is working completely except i cannot connect to the internet on my wireless network. I getting an error message says that: "Wireless security types do not match" now i understand that should indicate that my security settings on my router are diverse than those on my laptop but i twice checked and i am running a WPA2 Personal with an AES encryption. However I still cannot connect through the wireless setup, I was wondering if there is a problem with the driver of my network card? May not meet Windows 7 settings any way I'm not too sure.

Re: Unable to connect to wireless network after dual booting

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. to do this follow the steps below: make right click on the my computer on the desktop and after that select the manage. Now under the manage go to the Devices Management and then select the Network adapters. Now under the Network adapters make right click on the Wireless adapter and then choose the update. Now once you complete the updating, then restart your system and after that it will solve your issue.

Hello thanks for replying and I would appreciate your suggestion. I have gone through all your steps but during this time I have got the error while clicking on the update. I have got the following message saying that you need to uninstall the earlier driver. I have tried to uninstall but it doesn’t works for me. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue can anyone suggest on this.

You must install the correct driver for your network adapter. You can replace the default driver, just access to the manufacturer's website and download the driver. This process would replace the default controller. Or you can download the driver from the manufacturer’s web site and extract it to a place, be sure to remember the location. I think this will help you to solve your issue.

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go to the start and after that make hit on the run. Now under that write cmd and then hit ok button. Now on the command prompt type the following and then hit the enter after command
    ipconfig /all
    Once you complete this restart your system and then go through your issue.

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. to do this follow the steps below: make right click on the my computer on the desktop and after that select the manage. Now under the manage go to the Devices Management and then select the Network adapters. Now under the Network adapters make right click on the Wireless adapter and then choose the update. Now once you complete the updating, then restart your system and after that it will solve your issue