Thread: Is there a way to convert an Ethernet rj45 to wifi

Is there a way to convert an Ethernet rj45 to wifi

I have a really old CD/Internet Radio Stereo System. It has a rj45 port on it. At my home I have a wireless router. I want some way through which I can connect this system to the wireless router. The radio does not feature any wireless. So I cannot connect it to the router directly. I want some help here to find a device that can help me to connect this system to the router.

Why don't you just buy a long rj45 cable. That is the most simplest way. You can find the cable in budget on any local shop. Ask for a long rj45 cable. You can also use this on a pc later on. I have kept a 15meter cable with me. This makes my job easier. If anyone comes to my home and unable to connect to the router. I gave them the cable. Compare to that if you go for any device that can help radio to connect to router, it will be more costly.

You will have to buy a portable wifi receiver with rj45 port. I have seen some of this devices in the market. They are bit costly but good for those devices that does not have a wifi connectivity. But I am not really sure whether this is going to work. There can be issue with the compatibility also. I think buying a long rj45 cable is quiet a good idea. This is in budget also. And you can reuse it later.

Re: Is there a way to convert an Ethernet rj45 to wifi

I have a rj45 to wifi adapter. But works in different way. I do not have a router. I connect that adapter to the lan port and I am able to access my internet through wifi. What you had mentioned is different. I do not you can find that kind of adapter. Even if you find that then the problem lies with usage. If you have a very old system then I am not really sure it will identify that adapter.