Thread: Does MSE use SUS and Group Policy

Does MSE use SUS and Group Policy

I am just wondering that how manageable the Microsoft Security essentials is in terms of the SUS as well as Group Policy. According me the SUS will push definition updates but I am not very sure about it and that is the reason that I am leaving this thread over here so that I can get the views of other users as well. Will the parameters be configurable with the help of Group Policy? If you have any idea regarding this then please let me know about that. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Does MSE use SUS and Group Policy

I would like to tell you that the MSE does not make use of the SUS and that mkes the difference between the Microsoft Security Essentials and FCS. FCS is making use of the MU as update channel and in case of the MSE, it is completely different. This is the only thing that I can recommend you at the time and I hope that we will have more and more response from the users over here. Thank you so much.

Because the MSE is targeted on the personal computer consumer market by means of the crucial goals being lean use of the resources (I believe that netbook and despicable international PC designs as well as effortlessness of use. I doubt that there will be greatly done in this area. In reality, as I recognize it, MSE won't hold up update throughout a proxy. I don't consider the intention is to offer a free antimalware intended for everyone, just the customer by means of an individual computer and either lack of money otherwise willingness to expend it on defense. It's being reserved as simple as probable to decrease support costs, therefore adding similar management difficulty would just amplify these costs and fight through their own ForeFront Security produce line for businesses.

Microsoft has now began to liberate definition updates for the Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) via WSUS. This now allows any corporate that is running WSUS to centrally organize outline updated as of a particular server. While nearly all corporation possibly will not contain MSE deployed within their environment it may still be valuable to facilitate to guarantee some fringe cases of computers lying on the domain are still being protected. This Microsoft blog purposely calls this being completed for educational institutes which have short cost PC’s attached to their network.

Microsoft Security Essentials antimalware definitions are currently obtainable by means of WSUS. Microsoft Security Essentials is a fundamental anti-malware service intended for consumers and little home-based businesses which Microsoft unconfined in September 2009. This was completed for the reason that the academic institutions around world to give students by means of low cost otherwise free Internet access as well as give students by means of services update during WSUS. A lot of students are protecting the computers through security fundamentals, as well as universities asked for that the definition updates which are given through WSUS.