Thread: Malware Extensions found in Firefox

Malware Extensions found in Firefox

Does this is true that there is some kind of virus issue with Mozilla Firefox. I am using the same and I got a mail saying that there is some malware found in this web browser. This is really annoying news, I am using the same from a long time and possibly my system will also have the same. How to find that. And this is almost related to the plugins in the web browser. How to find that which addon or extension is being infected. I just uses themes and some music download addons.

Re: Malware Extensions found in Firefox

It is correct. But there are only some extension not all and there is also warning announced for the same. The Mozilla Foundation has already warned Firefox users against two malware. They lies with the extensions web video downloader and master file. These programs represent a real danger for business. You must remove this at once if you are using the same. There were some security issue with this addons. Others are fine and there is no such issue. Keep your systems antivirus upto date.

That was really a shocking news where you find such issue in the browser. Firefox is widely used. I found that the Sothink Web Video Downloader 4.0 and Master hFiler has this harmful programs. This are found on Mozilla Add-On page for download. The two malware managed to thwart the virus that works yet permanently on the site. Two other tools have been implemented to strengthen the analysis and the Mozilla Foundation has removed the extensions. Unfortunately, Sothink Web Video Downloader 4.0 has been downloaded over 4000 times Filer and Master over 600 times.

That is really awful. The above post says this addons are already downloaded 4000 times that means all those systems are already infected. Those guys must stop providing the download once the same was found. By going in detail I found that this extension contains the Trojan Win32.LdPinch.gen that records all keystrokes and search for sensitive information in the registry of Windows. The Trojan then transfers the collected information and passwords. So you must delete those at once if you found.

I was using Master File and when I found the news I removed the same. This is really bad for those who are not aware. Master file has a Win32.Bifrose which is a worm. This malware allows a remote user to take part in hands on the local system to run software, access files and steal sensitive information. The remote user access to the entire file system. That means your system is just open on net for all and you are not aware about the same. You can get affected by the same.

Just remember that just removing this extensions is not sufficient enough to eliminate the threats which it had on the web browser. You must use a proper tool for cleaning and on the same you also need a updated antivirus. One is trojan and other one is worm and both are major threat to your data and system. Mostly to the business places where vital information is stored. This virus are hidden in the firefox extension. You must have a updated antivirus for the same or else you can loose your data.