Thread: Problem with reinstalling Microsoft security essentials(0x4FF02) - my CPU usage constantly being at 100%.

cannot reinstall Microsoft security essentials error code(0x4FF02) - my CPU usage constantly being at 100%.

Hi friends, I am having a laptop with windows 7 operating system. I have been using Internet Security Essential(MSE) since past two months without any problem. But now there is an issue. After I downloaded the new version of Microsoft Security Essential the CPU usage is always 100%. So for this reason I uninstalled the MSE and performed system restore. Now when I tried to reinstall MSE a message appeared saying that MSE is already installed with error code 0x4FF02. I am stuck here and not able to install MSE. Please help me out of this problem.

Re: Problem with reinstalling Microsoft security essentials(0x4FF02) - my CPU usage constantly being at 100%.

I can see that the new version of Microsoft security essential is having some installation problem. First you check and make sure that you have uninstalled all the Antivirus and antispyware programs from the computer. Check if there is any real time anti malware products existing in your computer. If you find any, then completely remove it. Also remove the free trial products that you got when you bought the laptop. After uninstalling all, then try to install MSE.

Re: Problem with reinstalling Microsoft security essentials(0x4FF02) - my CPU usage constantly being at 100%.

When you uninstall internet security programs like antivirus and anti spyware, all the files are not completely removed from the system. So this might be the reason you are unable to install Microsoft security essential. So before you install it you should run the cleanup tool which will remove all the security files and malware programs. One such clean up tool is Onecare Utility Cleanup.

In the computer check the PC clock and make sure that it is correctly set. Windows Defender should be disabled in system. Make sure that service pack and updates including .Net and IE are up to date. Check for the windows Firewall and confirm that it is ON. If you have installed Microsoft Security essential before then uninstall it. Reboot the computer after you run the Clean up tool and then install Microsoft security essential.

The CPU usage of the system is high while running Microsoft security essential because it used excessive CPU. Msmpeng is the engine of Microsoft security essential. The actual reason for the CPU usage, always to be 100% is that, there may be some security software partially installed that is inconsistent with Microsoft Security Essential. You must use Clean up tool to eliminate the previous installed security software.